Billionaires dumping US stocks, should I?

generator12

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Billionaires dumping US stocks, should I?

Co-incidently I moved to all cash today. This sequester business is a threat.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Why Is Warren Buffett Buying Back Berkshire Hathaway Stock? - DailyFinance

Buffet is not dumping US stock's he is merely putting Berkshire's house back in order and at the same time reinvesting the asset's to start producing yeilds that are succecsful. No differnt than a restruant changing the menu due to the fact the old one is stale and out of touch. However due to his enourmus wealth and success it is gathering a great deal off attention.

It's a hands on approach his company was valued at 1.2 with cash reserve's not gaining or working ....overly simplified he fired his staff and is putting his house back in order..There is far to much cash in America for a crash..and those asset's are just wasting away. A opinion.....the status quo or the current direction in this country is about to be abruplty shut down. Someone's been playing in the sandbox so to speak and it's time he left the sandbox...the sand is almost gone..;)

Stickly a opinion your milage may vary

Thalasso

Commander

I would think the best person to get advice from would be the financial adviser who handles your account. Then you can make a decision.

korygrandy

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Buffet also mentioned a little tidbit of information at about the sametime stating he was investing in solar energy.

Not surprising, the solar energy stocks are mostly all on the rise today... :eek:

JRJ

Commander

Meanwhile, its announced Buffet is part of $23.3 billion deal to buy the Heinz ketchup company.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Meanwhile, its announced Buffet is part of $23.3 billion deal to buy the Heinz ketchup company.
I guess he is not dumping US stocks is he? He may want everyone to dump the stocks so he can buy them though!

rbh

Fleet Admiral

I guess we will be seeing more Spaghetti'Os and pickles served at the next Buffet! ;) :D

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Hmm In the indrustry i work when we falter we alway's go back to the basic fundamental's. Not let's see Oil...Electricty...and now Ketchup. There in lies his brillance..and future trend's. Basic'sfundamentals and comsuption.

Does this bode well for smart phone's or SpaghettiOs.....;)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Interesting because in Forbes (Feb. edition) he says just the opposite. Go figure...

As mentioned eailer in this thread its not wise to follow billionaire's and there fancy's... what we see is only a glimpse of there stratgey's or reasoning. But i can tell if those oil feilds posted are developed.. it will change the world as we know it. Every sign is in place for that to happen...The source (oil it self) Transportation (rail line's and the pipe line reversed that is huge) and our largest export (fuel) That's a current FACT...:confused: Just when you thought we were out of oil the world's reserve's doubled

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/mone...ry/2011-12-31/united-states-export/52298812/1

For the first time, the top export of the United States, the world's biggest gas guzzler, is — wait for it — fuel..

10 dollars a barrel for transportation cost im sure he can afford to play arond with 23billion....chump change

dwco5051

Commander

HNZ is my biggest single stock I hold. The old man made me about $18,000 richer overnight. Maybe a new bass boat is in my future. Thanks Warren:)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

From the linked report:

Paragraph 4 "Still, the U.S. is nowhere close to energy independence. America is still the world's largest importer of crude oil. From January to October, the country imported 2.7 billion barrels of oil worth roughly $280 billion.

Last Paragraph "The last time the U.S. was a net exporter of fuels was 1949, when Harry Truman was president. That year, the U.S. exported 86 million barrels and imported 82 million barrels. In the first ten months of 2011, the nation exported 848 million barrels (worth $73.4 billion) and imported 750 million barrels.

So which is it??? Either i am missing something or something is not jiving here.:confused:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

From the linked report:

Paragraph 4 "Still, the U.S. is nowhere close to energy independence. America is still the world's largest importer of crude oil. From January to October, the country imported 2.7 billion barrels of oil worth roughly $280 billion.

Last Paragraph "The last time the U.S. was a net exporter of fuels was 1949, when Harry Truman was president. That year, the U.S. exported 86 million barrels and imported 82 million barrels. In the first ten months of 2011, the nation exported 848 million barrels (worth $73.4 billion) and imported 750 million barrels.

So which is it??? Either i am missing something or something is not jiving here.:confused:

Agreed - No one edits this stuff anymore. Or proof reads either. So many reports are just biased spouting of unchecked so-called facts. More like nonsense if you ask me.

dwco5051

Commander

Gas, other fuels are top U.S. export

For the first time, the top export of the United States, the world's biggest gas guzzler, is — wait for it — fuel..

10 dollars a barrel for transportation cost im sure he can afford to play arond with 23billion....chump change

The article says the top export of the US during the time period was fuels (petroleum products including crude). That means due to both volume and price oil was worth more than are other top exports. (grain and machinery) January was not a big month for grain exports due to various reasons. Crop insurance prices for 2013 not being set yet, China playing with the market waiting for better estimates of South American production, the Mississippi being low and holding back the shipment of fully loaded barges. This does not mean we are energy independent because we have imported more oil than we exported. Oil is an international commodity priced in US dollars and the perception of the value of the US dollar can affect prices along with supply and demand. Our refineries are not all placed where they are right for transportation of crude for optimal use. Thus more profit can be made shipping finished product out of the gulf and buying imported crude for Atlantic coast refineries.

Too many variables and the reason I do not farm or play the commodity market.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Google

Pick you own source, i am only presenting a current trend's and the possibilty's.. they are pretty self evident in my mind. Does that make them as matter of fact of course not....But ask yourself why the a man of Buffet's abilities would invest in a dead indrusty....(railroad) Why would the main oil line supporting our infrastructe be turned 360 degree's around....Most of the data listed is dated...Anyone from north or south dakota will tell you oil leasing is being targeted aggresseivly across the entire state's.

Those two formations listed are growing each day in projection's...look at the Bakken's projection in 2008 its halarious as compared to current output...Infrastructure is now being built around it to support what is going on and somone is right in the middle of it..:laugh:

The world is changing much of our oil is being imported from Canada now how long do you think the investor's of this country our going to sit around and watch it happen aka sitting on there hands..

The Bakken Oil Boom | The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis

Take a peek.

Play the Bakken Oil Boom Like Buffett - Money Morning

As to energy independence as soon as the green river formation is tapped its game over for that crowd and ol Buffet will be sqaurely in the middle of the game..

Strickly a opinion your milage may vary...

NYBo

Admiral

As the old chestnut goes, the best way to make a small fortune in the stock market is to start with a large fortune.

fishrdan

Admiral

Anyone from north or south dakota will tell you oil leasing is being targeted aggresseivly across the entire state's......and somone is right in the middle of it..:laugh:

Yup.............. too bad it's not me.... :rolleyes:

An old family story is that my great grandparents farm in North Dakota struck out, failed crops for several years so they moved onto another state. One of the reasons the moved,,, oil in the water...:faint2:

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

The article says the top export of the US during the time period was fuels (petroleum products including crude). That means due to both volume and price oil was worth more than are other top exports. (grain and machinery) January was not a big month for grain exports due to various reasons. Crop insurance prices for 2013 not being set yet, China playing with the market waiting for better estimates of South American production, the Mississippi being low and holding back the shipment of fully loaded barges. This does not mean we are energy independent because we have imported more oil than we exported. Oil is an international commodity priced in US dollars and the perception of the value of the US dollar can affect prices along with supply and demand. Our refineries are not all placed where they are right for transportation of crude for optimal use. Thus more profit can be made shipping finished product out of the gulf and buying imported crude for Atlantic coast refineries.

Too many variables and the reason I do not farm or play the commodity market.

Commodity's are a painstaking actually miserable place to be as you have illuminated above. My dribble is more towards suggestive market trend's..thing's that are so glaring often a bloody nose result's...and then well...i will roll the dice a bit.....;)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Yup.............. too bad it's not me.... :rolleyes:

An old family story is that my great grandparents farm in North Dakota struck out, failed crops for several years so they moved onto another state. One of the reasons the moved,,, oil in the water...:faint2:

That hit's home a bit. My mother's uncle was a single man who passed away in the 90's. The state dispersered the estate and ditributed the money with one caveat...The feild's (rights) he had were not being pumped @ 40 a barrel it was not profitable...he was in the heart of the wilston basin..it was called sludge water.