Bennett Trim Repair And Auto Pro Install

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I just hope you have a working system by 2021. :rolleyes:

Have you heard of any success stories from other users?

alldodge

Staff member

That's funny :pound: ... wait no that isn't funny either :(

Have you heard of any success stories from other users?

Not on the new system, only with the older system which did not have an accelerometer, and even some of those guys just gave up on trying to fix it. Not for sure but I think the older ones used something like a level switch inside the box. It had to be installed flat on the deck and facing the correct way

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you may have working tabs sooner than I get the bottom sanded on my boat......:behindsofa:

GA_Boater

If you keep exchanging boxes your warranty will be to infinity and beyond! :dizzy:

alldodge

Staff member
That's what I heard, but not sure if its 100%, might be because it has never worked correctly :noidea:

I just want it to work as advertised

alldodge

Staff member
Update:
Been working on VRBO rental and finally got the boat back out for the first time, and would say, it worked like a charm. Did several stops, starts and cruising and it did as advertised. While I don't like the tabs going down auto when tacking off (slows me down), it worked as stated.

So don't remember if this is 4th or 5th time is the charm, but its working, Yea

GA_Boater

Update:
Been working on VRBO rental and finally got the boat back out for the first time, and would say, it worked like a charm. Did several stops, starts and cruising and it did as advertised. While I don't like the tabs going down auto when tacking off (slows me down), it worked as stated.

So don't remember if this is 4th or 5th time is the charm, but its working, Yea

Only the 4th or 5th? Gotta be many more shots at this.

I would say to look for a setting for the auto down, but might be best to leave things alone. :blue:

This has been a trial! Glad it's finally working, AD. :D

GA_Boater

Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post

That's funny :pound: ... wait no that isn't funny either :(

Beat it by 18 months! :thumb:

R_Yamarin

Recruit
Very interesting thread. Great to hear that you finally got the ATP to work. Can you please explain which calibration method that you used: a) The one in the manual with "no wake", or b) The one on the video with clear wakes? Many thanks!

alldodge

Staff member
One year and we have more problems

Took it out first couple time this season and was still working, but now it has other issues.
When shut down it no longer retracts tabs.
Lights just start flashing and sometimes goes completely out
Checked connections, power and ground and things are still there, but it gets erractic

Sent email to Bennett a few days ago and have heard nothing back (covid my guess)
So back to trying to figure it out :facepalm:

I did install a anchor chain counter and it works Ya me

alldodge

Staff member
Today I tried to trim and the tab turns ON and doesn't turn OFF. So stop the motor, turn the battery switch OFF and it stops. Turn it back ON and its not running, so I'm leaving it alone

Bennett never replied, so I called and got the same guy. Anyway, their sending me a entire new package. Here we go again, stay tuned :ROFLMAO:

GA_Boater

Hey folks, it's time for the 5th Annual Bennett Auto Trim Pro installation and check-out. Deja vu all over again!

Some day it will work right. It just gotta!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Today I tried to trim and the tab turns ON and doesn't turn OFF. So stop the motor, turn the battery switch OFF and it stops. Turn it back ON and its not running, so I'm leaving it alone

Bennett never replied, so I called and got the same guy. Anyway, their sending me a entire new package. Here we go again, stay tuned :ROFLMAO:

How much R&D money is Bennett paying to test their equipment? A bunch, I hope...