Baretta Files

bear_69cuda

Commander
Re: Baretta Files

Awesome!

That interior looks incredible!

You must feel really good dude! Great work...

I love the boat.....

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Included my garage door in this one. It produced quite a bit of pain to my head. Just when I thought I could navigate around it I'd bang my head again...

Same thing happens to me every friggin' time I work on my boat in the garage and man does that smart! Boat looks amazing.

colobiker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

looks great..

I cant wait to see pictures of it in the sunlight

awsome job man:D

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer

Doing vinyl was a bit of a chore so when it came to my doghouse I didn't want the headache of trying to fit vinyl over it, so I decided to gelcoat it. I picked up about two gallons for 20 bucks. Not the exact color of my boat, but in the same family of my color scheme. Trying to find the mixture formula was a bit of a pain as everyone had an opinion. In the end however it came together...

First coat...

_3171814.jpg

Bringing life back to the teak trim...

_3181819.jpg

Finished product...

_3191823.jpg

It has a few rough edges. I'm thinking about sanding it down, filling the rough spots, and adding another coat. I have some 1" foam and vinyl left, so there is the option of adding a cap as well. However, it'll do for now. I'm cashed for the time being, so all future tinkering will have to wait.

bear_69cuda

Commander

(Quote) I'm cashed for the time being, so all future tinkering will have to wait.

Cracks me up :D

I hear you brutha! I'm so fired up to get out on the H2O! I need to chill as well! I'm cashed... My wife thinks I'm in love with the boat (aka second girlfriend) So I hear ya!

You boat is truly awesome! Love it! Great job dude! Doghouse looks great!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I think the gel coated dog house was a great idea. I like it better than vinyl and it should be more durable too.

1cobia

Cadet

Great job.Definitly better than spending that money on another unknown boat errr project.

colobiker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I agree, gel coating the dog house.. awsome idea, I was looking at mine.. nasty old vinyl.. wondering what to do with it.. I thought about rebuiding it from wood.. then you come alone with the perfect idea.. simply brilliant

curtmeyer

Recruit

I have a 89 baretta 200 supersport, with a 4 cly vovlo penta inboard motor.
Does any one know what kind of prop i need for this boat, (size and pitch)

Thanks Curt M..

Oilguy

Seaman Apprentice

I have a 89 baretta 200 supersport, with a 4 cly vovlo penta inboard motor.
Does any one know what kind of prop i need for this boat, (size and pitch)

Thanks Curt M..

I have an 89 Baretta with a Penta AQ131 & 275 outdrive and the prop I have is a 15x19 SS
I think the original one is a 14x17 Alum
I have another 15x19 SS if you are interested (I need to check to make sure that is the exact size)... PM me if your interested.

curtmeyer

Recruit

Cool, I might be interested in that prop you have. I will have to wait about a week to get boat out of storage, for the measurement.

special_kaye

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Your restoration is fantastic. And, even if you're not completely satisfied and see things you want to change or should have done different, pretty much, NOBODY else will see them. I think it came out fine and you should definitely be proud of that one.

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer

Your restoration is fantastic. And, even if you're not completely satisfied and see things you want to change or should have done different, pretty much, NOBODY else will see them. I think it came out fine and you should definitely be proud of that one.

Much obliged sir, I appreciate that.

I'm very happy how she turned out & of coarse there are a few more odds & ends that I'll eventually get to, but she's straight for now. The only real problem I have now is that the money train my wife was on has reached the end of the line. Oh well, summer is almost here:)

88BLiner

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I hear you on the money situation. I am so tired of only being able to spend $20 or $30 a week on the boat:( But anyway, your boat is looking great, I hope mine will come out that nice.

curtmeyer

Recruit

How much you want for this 15x19 prop? Does it have a 17 count spline??
Thanks Curt..

I have an 89 Baretta with a Penta AQ131 & 275 outdrive and the prop I have is a 15x19 SS
I think the original one is a 14x17 Alum
I have another 15x19 SS if you are interested (I need to check to make sure that is the exact size)... PM me if your interested.

special_kaye

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I hear you on the money situation. I am so tired of only being able to spend $20 or $30 a week on the boat:( But anyway, your boat is looking great, I hope mine will come out that nice.

Hey Guys, I run a real train for a living and my money train isn't running as often as it used to. Tomorrow morning, I'm supposed to pick up a GREAT bargain of an engine. The guy really needs the money, and I have yet to figure out where I'm going to get all the money.

BassnTruck

Cadet

We love the Opossums. Your photo was great. They really are very sweet critters. And eat alot of stuff you do not want around. The opossum has remained almost unchanged for over 70million years. Anyway I will stop rambling on about Opossums.

Baby533.jpg

Baby302.jpg

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer

It has been one year this month since I purchased this boat. Many a lesson learned & more to come I'm sure. Overall it has been a hell of a learning experience, but am grateful nonetheless. I'm quite intimate with her, but now that I'm less 30min from the ocean I'm not sure how much longer it'll be before I trade up.

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer

Trailer mod. Now she fits in the garage with room to spare.

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

Now I just need to paint the trailer. The three tone look is making my boat look bad.