'83 Lund "Sirius" total gut and rebuild

Tnstratofam

Commander
The pinstripes look real crisp. Motor looks nice and clean as well. Keep it up all the little things get you that much closer to splash day.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
As I've said so many time before, the look is in the details. And you've proven that with the pinstripes as well. It takes an ordinary two tone color scheme to the next level. Let me know how the pinstripes hold up. I've never tried actual stripping tape. I've always airbrushed those things. Keep posting your progress, I'm watching with much interest... You can see my rebuilt outboard engine and my trailer refurbish from the links below if you like. :thumb:

Last edited:

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Any progress on the Motor??

I'm in the middle of rebuilding the lower unit. Water pump kit, and all the seals. I have got some pics, I just haven't got around to posting...

As I've said so many time before, the look is in the details. And you've proven that with the pinstripes as well. It takes an ordinary two tone color scheme to the next level. Let me know how the pinstripes hold up. I've never tried actual stripping tape. I've always airbrushed those things. Keep posting your progress, I'm watching with much interest... You can see my rebuilt outboard engine and my trailer refurbish from the links below if you like. :thumb:

Thanks gm. The stripes are from 3M, and their website claims 7-9 years longevity on a boat. We will see. But in all reality, the rolls are 150' for $24, and it took around 45 min to do both stripes. SUPER easy to apply as well.

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Minor progress update. Bottom end rebuild is half-way done, but I missed ordering an oil seal, so I am waiting for parts. Should have it next week, and then hopefully I can get it fired up. Got the hull flipped back over and the cap back in place so that I can do some thinking/planning/laying out. Sorry for the color combo...

After seeing Corjen's issues with his windshield, I think I am gonna refit mine now and figure out a way to make sure that nothing gets out of whack. (It is a bit low in the center right now.)

Also made a CL score today! Trolling motor!! 76# 24V for $150. Everything works good, just needs a bit of cleaning up! :D Gonna look nice on the bow, I think!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nice score on the t/m ! I need to start looking around for one also ... I at least need to know how one should mount so I can kinda plan for it ..
Good idea on the windshield test fit ...

Tnstratofam

Commander
Yeah I'd say now is a good time to get your windshield alignment sorted out. I'm not sure what hapened to Corjen's that got it so far out of alignment, but I think he's gotten some good ideas on how to get it fixed. The trolling motor should move you along nicely, and for $150 bucks I'd say you got a GREAT deal.

I have to ask how hard was the flip? I would have been nervous trying not to scratch that beautiful paint job.

Great to see pics and progress. I Love this thread, and your hard work is gonna pay off big time in my humble opinion.

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yeah I'd say now is a good time to get your windshield alignment sorted out. I'm not sure what hapened to Corjen's that got it so far out of alignment, but I think he's gotten some good ideas on how to get it fixed. The trolling motor should move you along nicely, and for $150 bucks I'd say you got a GREAT deal.

I have to ask how hard was the flip? I would have been nervous trying not to scratch that beautiful paint job.

Great to see pics and progress. I Love this thread, and your hard work is gonna pay off big time in my humble opinion.

The flip was a little nerve wracking...and we (my son and I) did manage to put one little scuff on the bottom of the starboard chine, about the size of a nickel. Not too bad, and I am planning on touching it up when I paint the grey on the cap. So other than that brief moment of sheer terror, it went just fine!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
What no pics or vids ? I thought that was a requirement ... Now your gunna have to flip it back over and do it again with pics ... :photo:

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well, you know what they say on here. No pics then it didn't happen. So I'm not gonna put pics up in hopes that it will make it like it didn't happen!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Great work Nurseman!!! Good call on window fit, just for sanity sake!! I agree with the others....Im not sure how how you got the pix of the hull and top together, cuz, last time I saw this gal, she was upside down!! You must be a magic man also.....(hear Heart right now) because there is no proof that YOU flipped it!!

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Magic Nurseman....:eek:. Looking good, MNM, nice progress, even if it didn't happen :rolleyes:.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hey! NM sent me pics of the flip. Didn't you guys get um? It was a tricky deal and he knocked it out of the park as usual.:joyous:
The usual Class 1 A rated rehab.