76 Hammond El Dorado V1950 Restoration

Ian Hatman

Recruit
Wow looks like that boat needs a full restoration. I like to use a clear coat to prevent rust on my 180 Bowrider and found this guide below very helpful and thought it might help others prevent rust on their boats.

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
This boat is a work in progress.
Here's a few photo's

20190828_202032.jpg
Broke my Windshield, found a place to replace the glass.

20190906_182212.jpg
Notice the loose black wire, yes it connect to the ground at the Trim Sensor.
But notice there is No wire coming from the Interupt Switch to the Ign Coil.
Need to install one.

Also been working on getting the shift cables squared away. I was finally able to get Forward to work at 10 O'clock position,
but now where did Reverse go. I had to increase the slot by 1/16 inch to get Reverse to work at two O'clock. And yes I have found slotted levers going all the way up near the Control Cable.

But now I have another problem. The first two times I fire her up the oil was golden but now looks like coffee. I have started trouble shooting and have located one area to look at.

This is the #8 spark plug.
20190907_171956.jpg
Notice the bead of water.

Plan to pull exhaust manifold and test.

If you read my first post I do like a CHALLENGE.

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well fixed the engine, so took it to Taylorsville lake Ky. It still floats, the engine runs. It shifted to reverse with a grinding noise and went backwards, it shifts to Forward with a grinding noise and will go forward. Put it back on the trailer. Will check oil level in outdrive. Otherwise may just take it to a boat mechanic.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Idle rpms too high? You have to shift in a quick motion on stern drive. Check the shift interrupt for adjustment.