76 Hammond El Dorado V1950 Restoration

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
if you think you can use it, it's yours. the back of my boat is at a slight angle, not straight up and down.

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok, Will try to pick it up this weekend. I know about where you live. I live in Fern Creek area. Thanks, Dale J

May try to fire up the engine this week or next.

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
not far...one of my kids go to Fern Creek HS.
I should be around all weekend

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok, do I need some tools to remove ?
Should be Saturday will try in the morning.

Still can't upload photo's. Photo was 279kb
Was trying to show an alignment tool for the engine.
You use a 1" dia 2' long bar to show if your a little high or a little low.

When I inserted the bar it showed that I need to raise the front mounts, but also the motor needs to move a little to Port.
I guess it means that the Starboard mount needs to be higher than the Port side

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
52 take a pic and email it to yourself. Save it in a file it sizes all by itself then upload attachment.

ACon977

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Either that or there are apps for resizing photos. Or you can do it in MS paint if you are on your computer. Typically you can upload if under 2MB.

There is the camera button, on the far left. This uploads so that people can open them in the webpage without opening the original file. The button that looks like a paperclipped page (3rd from the right) is another way to upload which allows you to embed them into your text.

Just caught up on your thread. super fun read. Definitely took notes on your gelcoat conversation. Hoping to start making big moves on my project soon and catch up to ya.

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
I may need a someone to look at this.
Still don't know what's going on with the photo upload.
I can upload to the album in the message center
but it just give me an error message if I try it either as an attachment or photo to my site.
I try to upload from two different computers and my cell phone. The photo is 299kb size.

What gives?

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I haven't tried uploading photos straight to here. I still put them in photobucket and embed them with a link

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
At the top right of the text editor there are 3 icons, the first one left to right looks like a clipboard, try adding pics using that. Works fine for me

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I thought CUT and PASTE would work. It looks like it did, but then it didn't want to POST. :facepalm:

mrdjflores, Thanks for all the goodies :peace:

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Do you know how if you have a TOLERANCE stack up in the wrong direction that throws everything off :facepalm:.

After you check the flatness of the transom and you start to put the Gimbel Assy and transom plate back on the transom. Before you put the engine back in Check these item.

Measurement from center of Gimbel bearing to center of each rear motor mounts. If their not equal readjust transom plate.
After getting Transom plate aligned REPLACE old rear engine mounts.

Install engine with engine hoist, before removing engine hoist install a one inch dia by 36 inch long bar(pvc pipe) through gimbel bearing to engine coupler. This will tell if engine will need to be raised or lowered. adjust front engine mounts as near as possible. Finish alignment per standard procedures.

When I first installed the engine could not get the alignment bar to go in. When I used the one inch bar, it was about 1/8 inch near the gimbel bearing port side at 9 o'clock position and towards the top. After researching it I had to remove the engine to replace rear motor mounts. It corrected it some.

Thought about it for a while then decided to check for where tolerance could stack up.
Remember there are no body bound bolts or dowel pins to hold everything aligned.
Out comes the engine again, Yes the transom plate can slide towards Starboard some, rear motor mounts to gimbel bearing are now equal. The mounting bolts are not body bound bolts.
In goes the engine there's slop in the rear mounting bolts, pulled the rear of the engine toward starboard. Finally got the side to side even out.

I left it there Friday the alignment bar show lite marks at top and heavy marks on bottom of alignment bar. Tonight hopefully will finish alignment.

Everything I read before never mentioned how to check the rear alignment.
So you need to be aware about tolerance stack up in the wrong direction.

Sorry about the long :violin: rant :blah: :blah: :blah:

Still can't upload PHOTO's

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok past weekend installed Outdrive :eek:

Tried to start engine 'no Fire". Bad coil, replaced coil, still won't fire. Will be changing Points to Solid State. Will find out if that solves the problem.

Also found leak at shift lever interrupt switch puck.:puke:
Outdrive will stay up for a little while but by morning it's in the down position.

Still can't seem to upload photo's. Should I go back to PhotoBucket?
I've tried to upload from cell phone, personal computer, and work computer. I also tried to start a new message with a photo and it won't upload.:violin:

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Still can't seem to upload photo's. Should I go back to PhotoBucket?
I've tried to upload from cell phone, personal computer, and work computer. I also tried to start a new message with a photo and it won't upload.:violin:

I use an image Resizer app. I usually upload directly from my phone after I resize the image and save it. It takes an extra few seconds per image. Maybe you’re being a bit tongue in cheek, but stay away from photo bucket. Chances are they’ll break your links, unless you pay up.

E6CEE8F1-518F-440F-88AD-C288B1654372.png

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Maybe you heard this one before. I use my cell or camera and email to myself. That auto downsizes pics for email.
Open and save in folder.
But yes it is a pia in any event.

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Was able to verify the engine will fire up. Will try to run it on muffs next week