74 Starcraft Holiday resto

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thank You... I see a number of them on Amazon but there is none with rave reviews... there is a 26 dollar one there with 606 reviews(just under 4 stars) that will probably do the work I need for the boat... let me know what you have if its not much trouble...

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I have this one, it does the job just fine if you're not making a piano with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JCIMEA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71zJcVLVGiS._SL1500_.jpg

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
thats the one I just bought from Amazon for 26 bucks... I feel better now...

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
the only other one I liked was made to hold your cordless drill... it seems that most are built the same at the chuck...

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
here is the one that uses your own drill... Wolfcraft 4522 Tec Mobil Drill Stand

mbroughton02

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I used a similar cheap version to what you probably just bought on amazon. Just tighten the handles down well and go slow. They aren't perfect but they are a heck of a lot better than trying to free hand it.

Like watermann, I also put the new transom in the boat, marked the holes, removed, and then drilled. I did all the holes except the splashwell drain tube holes before putting spar varnish on the transom. I decided to hold off on the splashwell drain tubes because I wasn't certain that they would line up perfectly with the bottom of the splashwell on the interior side by just drilling them 90 degrees, and I was so glad I waited. They ended up needing to slope upwards somewhat in order to land in the right place. I hope that makes sense. Your boat may vary.

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thank You mbroughton02... sound advice... too bad the people who replaced the transom before me were not members of this community... I would not be facing egg shaped holes and total misses all together... I am considering a plate behind anything that looks suspect... along with the transom I have an issue with the transom center support from the inner bottom and stern of the boat where it attaches to the transom... Can this area be welded or should I just bolt on a fix as others have done???

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am worried about metal fatigue and have dreamed up a brace of sorts that I will mock up when the time comes and get everyones thoughts on the matter at that time... But I do need to address this issue above before I install the motor due to the fact that I will be traveling over the road for 40 or so miles from the install dealer back to home and do not want to compramise this transom in any manner... the engine weighs 270 Lbs... BFP60A1XRTA, 25 inch transom

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
I wonder do we have prop people here? I am starting with a 14"X15" 4 blade... I am familiar with the to low RPM, lower the pitch, and vise versa, changing from 3 blade to 4 blade differences(Prop Wizzard)... I have chosen the 4 blade due to less or no vibration(3 cylinder engine & I will be running very low RPMs trolling) and the fact that the wife is dying to go skiing behind the boat... in fact I have already bought her Obrien water skies... just another reason to secure the transom best I can...

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
This engine has a "trolling control switch" on the Control Box... it will change the RPMs by 50 up or down between 750 to 1000 RPMs with the push of the switch(big seller for me)... They call me the "Salmon Assassin" which is also the name of my boat(did not make the wife happy) but I troll at 1/2 to 1&1/2 MPH when I am not drift fishing... I am praying that I can find a happy medium where the boat will troll slow enough and also get above 30MPH or so... and yank the wife out of the water emidiatly when skiing... I do have a 4 stroke 3.5 merc but no interest in running a kicker... the gear ratio with this engine is 2:33 as opposed to 2:07 with a large, heavy duty gear lower unit... another cool thing about this motor is that it has a 50 degree turning radius as come pared to the normal 30 degree... here are the specs
Type4-Stroke SOHC 3 Cylinder/12 Valves4-Stroke SOHC 3 Cylinder/12 Valves
Displacement998 cc (61.0 cubic inches)998 cc (61.0 cubic inches)
Bore & Stroke73 mm x 79.5 mm (2.9 x 3.1 inches)73 mm x 79.5 mm (2.9 x 3.1 inches)
Full Throttle RPM Range5,000-6,000 RPM5,000-6,000 RPM
Rated Power60 HP @ 5,500 RPM60 HP @ 5,500 RPM
Cooling SystemWater CooledWater Cooled
Fuel DeliveryProgrammed Fuel InjectionProgrammed Fuel Injection
Ignition SystemMicroComputer ProgrammedMicroComputer Programmed
Starting SystemElectricElectric
ExhaustThrough HubThrough Hub
LubricationWet SumpWet Sump
Trim Range-4? to +16?-4? to +16?
Tilt Range60?60?
Steering Angle (to port and again to starboard)30? remote, 50? tiller50?
[h=2]Drive[/h]
Gear Ratio2.07:12.33:1
Gear ShiftF-N-RF-N-R
Alternator (Electric Start)22-Amp27-Amp
Battery Charging Power17 Amp22 Amp
PropellerOptionalOptional
Power TiltNANA
Power Trim & TiltStandardStandard
Gas Assisted TiltNANA
Oil Pressure AlertStandardStandard
Temperature AlertStandardStandard
Rev-LimiterStandardStandard
Speedometer PickupStandardStandard

BF60 BFP60
[h=2]Dimensions[/h]
Overall Width417 mm/16.4 inches417 mm/16.4 inches

BF60 BFP60
[h=2]Transom Height[/h]
L Type521 mm/20 inches531 mm/20 inches
X Type648 mm/25 inches658 mm/25 inches

BF60 BFP60
[h=2]Dry Weight[/h]
L-Type108 kg/239 lbs.116 kg/256 lbs.
X-Type114 kg/251 lbs.123 kg/270 lbs.
Transom Ht.20"20"
Remote ModelXX
Tiller Included
iST- Electronic Shift & Throttle
Electric StartXX
Charging System17A22A
Prop Included
Power Thrust X
Power Tilt & TrimXX
Gas Assist

BF60 BFP60

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
when I log in and go to this thread I have to start at page 1... is there a way I can start at the last page instead of the first and move 1 page at a time???

jbcurt00

Staff member
When you open any topic, at any page in that topic scroll all the way to the bottom and at the bottom right of the last post on that page is a page counter w the last option being Last Page. Click that and it'll take you to the last page.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
While you guys address that issue.

Bill if you pop out and visit the other guys resto threads that can help address the issue of your thread followers not knowing your back at it. It seems that when guys never venture out much or at all to other restos that their own thread doesn't get viewed or commented on as much. It's a give and take sort of thing it seems and that's how ideas and advice is spread too. ;)

jbcurt00

Staff member
I am not seeing it... all I got is Help contact and go to top...

Did you to the bottom right of the LAST post on that page?

I probably could have explained it better initially..

Sounds like you scrolled all the way down to the actual bottom of the page rather then to just the bottom right of the last post.....

Rob is correct, esp this time of year when most of North America (the vast majority of Starmada guys) are all working on their own rigs and prepping for the start of fishing/boating season.

My iboats bookmark points to the Todays posts page, and I no longer subscribe to topics specifically. I just watch for new posts in all topics across all forums and read those I think necessary as a Mod and any I'm actually interested in.

Paint looks good from WV.

mbroughton02

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have an issue with the transom center support from the inner bottom and stern of the boat where it attaches to the transom... Can this area be welded or should I just bolt on a fix as others have done???

I am not sure if welding the knee brace is an option or not. I bolted new aluminum angle onto mine.

when I log in and go to this thread I have to start at page 1... is there a way I can start at the last page instead of the first and move 1 page at a time???
I have this one figured out. Bookmark the URL of the last page of your thread, but edit the bookmark and where it says page22 at the end of the URL, change it to page99. Since there isn't a page99, the website figures it out and puts you on the last page (and will always do that as long as the thread never has more than 99 pages).

SkidRowBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Okay... I nailed it(bookMark)... nearly dead after being under the boat trailer most of the day,PIMA... got the rolls done, next the Bunks... Our lake opened up last night and every body and their brother were fishing... too early but still can get a few Brookies and Browns... I am focused on this boat but will take a brake next week when the salmon start biteing... is there a spell check here...