1999 Bayliner Project

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1999 Bayliner Project

Boat looks great and runs great. I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun with it this season. Personally, I think it needs some color on the exterior like a stripe or something. That would be sweet.

jcsercsa

Captain

Cuda what was that 40 you were getting ?? thats what mine was running , cant wait to see if i pick up any speed !!! John

Nico2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

Even I got excited watching her run, I can imagine the grin on your face:D:D

She runs great. On the first vid, I thought I was going to see a bigger rooster tail, I guess you just wanted it perfect:rolleyes: (well, after all that work, you couldn't settle for less)

She's going to look even better with a bimini. What colour are you getting? Sumbrella, Sharkskin?

I agree with ezmobee about the stripe:)

Once again, congrats! You did an awesome job!

Now, once you have a little time, gather all your pics, and post a nice picture/procedure only thread in the finished boat restore subforum:D:D

Happy boating mate!

chrishayes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I think a fading away stripe of some sort in a gray black scale would just set that thing OFF! The white is TOO white and with that windsheild looking like you are doing 60 sitting still you need some graphics to enhance that. It is truly amazing how you made a fishing boat out of such a beautiful ride. Verrrrrrrrrrrry impressive.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Thanks dudes,

I toyed with the idea in the beginning about a stripe. If anyone has a good graphics program, or any ideas feel free!

new%20stripe%20garage%20III.JPG

Not sure, but agree it would look cool! Maybe this winter... I do like how simple and clean it is one color...

John, I was getting 41.5 GPS, and ~ 43 on speedo...

Nico,

The Bimini is light grey sunbrella...

Chris,

Thanks for the kind words... I wanted a Tracker with an outboard 115 hp, but the wife said. " Where do the people sit?" :(

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Your stripe rendering there looks perfect. And totally doable. I wouldn't want to try to get more complicated than that.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bear I am gonna agree with you on this one I think the pure white looks fantastic on that boat stripes to me would take away from the clean lines she has .

Rick

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Thanks dudes,

I toyed with the idea in the beginning about a stripe. If anyone has a good graphics program, or any ideas feel free!

new%20stripe%20garage%20III.JPG

Not sure, but agree it would look cool! Maybe this winter... I do like how simple and clean it is one color...

John, I was getting 41.5 GPS, and ~ 43 on speedo...

Nico,

The Bimini is light grey sunbrella...

Chris,

Thanks for the kind words... I wanted a Tracker with an outboard 115 hp, but the wife said. " Where do the people sit?" :(

Very nice work Cuda...you have a good mind for this sorta of thing...Post a 800x600 pic..let's have some fun..;)

chrishayes

I wish I knew a thing about how to photoshop. I have the perfect vision of what it needs but cannot describe it in words. Oh well. All I can say is that the stripe you put on it is just a bit too blah for such a clean boat. You dont need anything fancy but something more than a stripe. wish I could draw it.

And I am glad she wouldnt let you get the bass boat. This one is FAR nicer and still pretty much provides the same function with the upgrades youve done.

You have inspired me to build a removable fishing platform also. Could you answer me a question? How is the view from up there? when seated? Anything you would do differently?

bear_69cuda

Commander

Gang,

Gonna install the Bimini Saturday, and install the snaps for the carpet...

I'm also messing with props and different pitches... Prop forum has been great! I may end up with two? One for top end and one for low end torque...
I'm still happy with the 4 bangor 3.0L :D

Gunner/all

I'll post a bigger pic of the boat w/o stripe. If anyone wishes to tinker with photoshop, or has a vision for the blank canvas (all white boat) feel free! But there is something about the simplicity of this boat being white... Gets me in the heart! The hull has great lines... The more I look at the stripe I posted, it does seem blah...

Hey Chris,

70's era AAR Plymouth 'Cudas had a strobe like stripe that faded from black to grey/big blocks to small...

The fishing deck is like being on top of the world! Great view! I may have moved the seat forward a tad, but I also wanted to be able to stand and fish with the seat attached. I think it's perfect for me...

chrishayes

I know the car you are talking about and I feel that the graphics of that era on muscle cars could provide a nice touch and also a bit of a link between your hobbies. We will see what some of the PS experts come up with. Of course it needs to be smaller at the front of the boat and get larger as it goes rearward with the color morphing in that direstion as well to inspire that fast while standing still look.

By no means would it be a shame to leave it the way it is.

THanks for the info on the seat too. I will certainly use this design for mine. Can you post some more detailed photos of the bow deck? it is removable isnt it? Do you have wells up there? What seat pedestal did you use and how did you anchor it? What size wood did you use for it?

I think that it would make a hell of a thread to do a DIY casting deck how to. I know others have to be like us and want our boats to play many roles.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Okay Gunner,

Here is a pic... Anyone have graphics program, go nuts...

jse_transfer_28OCT08_697.jpg

ThrashN

Thanks dude!

ThrashN

Seaman Apprentice

I threw this together quickly so it's not perfect, but you get the idea.
Stobe stripe
boat.jpg

chrishayes

nope, more of a fade in color not design. Not quite so square either. What do you think Bear?

chrishayes

something that matches the downward arc of the windsheild