1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

gomopar440

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ah gotcha. I figured you were referring to the Jeep SSP package vehicles they made for police duty.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I want to add color to a picture of the boat to get some ideas on how it will look with different colors . But have know idea how or what to use

gomopar440

Petty Officer 1st Class
Photoshop is probably the best way to do that, but I have no experience with it. MS Paint is easy to use, but the results aren't as realistic as you can get from Photoshop. Tell me what you want to sketch up and I'll see what I can do with MS Paint.

FWIW, here's a pic of my Laker I sketched in MS Paint to give you an idea what you can expect from it. I pretty much copied the original red and white boat pic to make the grey one. Some of the lines got slightly blurred out when the file was converted from BMP to JPG.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I tried to do it on photobucket but can't stay within the lines (same as when I was a kid ) the colors are great just to erratic

gomopar440

Petty Officer 1st Class
So what are you trying to draw/modify? Give me a pic and a direction you want it to go and I'll see what I can do. That's the best I can think of until someone with real Photoshop skills shows up and volunteers to help out.

It's way too cold here to be working on my boat for the next few days anyway, so I've got lots of free time right now.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I am actually reading your build as we speak My hat goes off to you. And that is a great view of the mountains wow.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
DSCN0051_zpspsqzfspr.jpg
Basically I just want to add color to the boat I was thinking black from the rub rail down or red or silver I want to get rid of the maroon and make it original color again

Last edited:

gomopar440

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yea, I love living up here, despite how I may talk about the winter weather sometimes. That's usually only because it interferes with me being able to work on my boat out in that tent when it's way too cold out. I've always known I wanted to live in Montana ever since I was a little kid of about 8 years old. I moved up here after I retired from 20 years in the Navy and finally got to choose for myself where I wanted to live.

Give me a while to clean up the pic and I'll see what I can do with it.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
No Title

don't judge me I did this really fast just to give ya a color difference lol

Attachments

• photo256223.jpg
    photo256223.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 0

gomopar440

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well, I'm nowhere near that fast, or that good, with Paint. Looks like Micky beat me to it.

That second pic rings a bell for some reason... :boink:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
you mean third one?
sorry go I guess I never saw the post above where ya offered , wasn't trying to step on toes :)

gomopar440

Petty Officer 1st Class
*Looks up at Mick's THREE pics*
Umm, yea, I meant the third pic...:doh:

No problems Mick. I know my limitations and doctoring pics definitely aren't on the short list of things I know how to do well. I was hoping someone able to use PhotoShop would step up and help out before I got a chance to put my mad MS Paint skillz on display again. :lol: