1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
This new formula has you @ 48 mph...plenty nough I'd say. I used weight with tanks filled and people @6500 lbs.

Last edited:

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
No kicker yet but am working on it
I have know Idea on either count kc. Remember I have only been doing this boating thing around 4 yrs haha

The Suzuki 9.9 kickers are said to be awesome,...

They are efi so no carbs to get dirty,..

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Pre primed sanded and wiped down First coat af awlgrip 545 primer And a close up Can not second coat for 12 hours. I only rolled on no tip being primer and I have to sand before paint

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
The newer stratos 2250 changed the dash around a little. They moved steering wheel starboard and electrical panel to port side which I like better Also boat was set up with a johnson control and I am going to run Suzuki. So I mixed up some hairy pb and filled in the holes. After pb sets up I plan on faring the patches then one layer of 3 oz glass then fare the whole area and sand smooth

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I had a complete brain fart. I put on my faring putty and it was not drying I just bought it from us composites. So it dawned on me I had the garage heated to 60 not 70 :stupid:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
starting to think its not me. 100ml resin 2.5 ml mekp 70 degrees in garage and material still not setting up

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Got a heat gun? Perhaps a big halogen work lamp to put right in front of the console? I had to coax my fairing compound along a few times last winter as well. (also in a heated shop) Never did figure out why...

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
yeah I'll try the heat gun i did mix up a small batch of just resin and it kicked. Thanks nm

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Well heat gun did not work. I must of mixed to much cabisol and micro balloons I had to scrape it of pita!!! but thats done. Remixed fared sanded and primed.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Tank cover primed First coat of color [URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/ahmincha/media/P2260002_zpsagthlpua.jpg.html]
P2260003_zpsubs1mrbj.jpg
[/URL]Close ups

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Finale coat of primer And first coat of color on tank cover I know it is hard to see in the pictures but when I started i was using foam rollers on the primer coats. That is a bog mistake. use the 5/16 quality rollers sleeves for all coats. coverage is better and so is finish. Ilearned the hard way!!!

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Ok thats 2 coats of color. once the deck is done I will buff the gel coat and color should be close. The non skid is the next step coat of paint broadcast the soft sand let dry 2 coats paint over sand

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Looking great Minch! So the color is what, who and is also being rolled on? jus wunderin.