1989 Sea Ray 160BR Refresh

Stratohammer

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1989 Sea Ray 160BR Refresh

Thanks, Wood!

I was thinking of you last week when I was visiting some friends in BA - they live off Main St.

Mike

Stratohammer

Seaman Apprentice

Yahoo!!

This thing finally changed status from project to boat. I spent Saturday evening finishing the helm seat and Sunday doing a bunch of detail items. This afternoon I had my 17 year old get the trailer hooked up, towels collected, and some cold cokes in the cooler. The minute I got home from work we loaded up and headed for the lake. Everything worked great, with the exception of a leak in the tube. The non-skiers were only a little disappointed.

Again, the information available on this site was immensely helpful throughout my rework of this boat. Thanks, all, for your help!

Mike

IMG00436-20110719-1727.jpg

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

With all DUE RESPECT...I HATE YOU!!!!!! I'm still strugglin' along with "Blue Flamingo" but hope to be at Skiatook in 3weeks. Just got electrical and steering and minor assembly left to do. My son is coming in 10 days to help for a couple of days. That should help a lot.

Seriously, Strat, Congrats on the SPLASH!!!! I bet the water felt great!!!!

Stratohammer

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks, Wood!

We went up to Oolagah since it's a little closer and is at about normal level. You're right - the water felt great. My daughter got up on skis on the second try, too. She says that was number one on her summer "bucket list".

I'm sure you'll have that Flamingo in the water soon. Don't hesitate to holler if you need a hand with something.

Mike

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for the Offer. I just might take you up on it if my son does not show up. I will need some help hoisting the motor up on the transom. Congrats to your daughter!!!!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Congrats on the splash! No better time than now to get the heck off the hot land and out on the water.

Doernuth

Petty Officer 1st Class

From one Sea Ray lover to another...

GREAT JOB!!!!

That interior looks GREAT.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Thanks!! Of course it only took about 8 times as long as I thought.

Of course. It seems to take twice as long, cost twice as much, and come out looking half as good (as thought) :p