1989 Cheetah 210es restore - not looking forward to this

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1989 Cheetah 210es restore - not looking forward to this

I sold the trailer yesterday so now its a sitting duck ready to be destroyed i even tried giving the hull away with no luck, sad sight but good news wise we stopped at the boat dealer and our boat was suppose to begin assembly on the 23rd so we should have it within 2 weeks

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

here is how she sits as of tonight, need to finish up the top half tomorrow and make more room for the new boat

jbcurt00

Staff member

Alas poor cheetah.....

Good news @pending delivery of the NEW boat....

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yea it happens to the best of them, new boat arrived in louisville today so just waiting on them to prep it and paperwork and we can pick it up

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

finally brought home my new boat yesterday, just waiting on the title to come in so i can go get my registration #'s made and we go break it in. and as soon as I stepped foot on this boat i don't feel bad at all about giving up on and cutting up the cheetah.

boatntruck1.jpgintheboat.jpgheadedhome.jpg

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Looks like a beauty! Congratulations!
I can almost smell that New Boat smell all the way over here...:D

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

and how the cheetah currently sits, I now call it a bass boat

bassboathaha.jpg

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks and it definitely has the good ol new boat smell and no resin smell which I love!

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

here are some pics from our maiden voyage!! we love it, still has the new boat smell every time you open a hatch or lift a seat up

maidenfront.jpg maidenrear.jpg maidenbeer.jpg maidenme.jpg maidenmidgi.jpg

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

oh and we named it hahahaha

namedit.jpg

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

im sure none of you will look at this besides gus but i built a boat shed to store my new toy in when not in the water

me just popping up and the wake starting to form

and this is how i dry things out after a fun day and that is nautolex hanging up behind the life jackets

and yes i will be eliminating and blocking off those outlets that are pictured this winter

jbcurt00

Staff member

Gadzooks. That's a boat shed. Enclosing the sides?

Nice use of Nautolex to protect the wall.

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i plan to do a partial enclosure when funds allow and also run electric out to it for some lighting on those late nights and so i can plug in the on board charger without a bunch of cords etc.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Jeez, this baby gets a roof overhead, a warm blanket & a nite light.... The thread's namesake, well, um, yeah, we just won't talk about that :facepalm:

Congrats on USING a boat this season, the shelter looks great

BTW: Where'd ya get all the telephone poles?

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Hey Dustin,
That is one sweet enclosure...and the nautolex backer is cool...
Lookin good hangin out in back of the boat at the end of the rope...
BTW, I never chimed in on the name...Me likey alot...:watermelon:
Keep on, Keeping on...bro!
Gus

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

jbcurt i got the poles from a good friend of mine that is a lineman they were on a local college campus that went all underground power and these poles were only up a few years and only climbed to setup and take down so their in really really good shape, they were like 50' when he dropped them off to me so not fun to move around that day. but he brought me 12 poles like that for free delivered and gave some of them to friends for a small bridge and some other things.

and thanks Gus, and that name gets some looks when headed to the lake people are always flying up at about 90mph then slow down take a picture then stare into the truck as they pass lol, and my wife is a lot better at wakeboarding than me but its still fun, getting a wakesurf board for next year and buying some ballast to help out the wake and some tower speakers, board racks, etc.

and here are a few more pics and one of me proving im not very good at wakeboarding

the typical nice ending to a good day out shot

and unfortunately the dog hates it, he loves when we are out driving around but hates as soon as anyone gets in the water. he fell in once and it freaked him out even with his jacket on

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

and unfortunately the dog hates it, he loves when we are out driving around but hates as soon as anyone gets in the water. he fell in once and it freaked him out even with his jacket on

Well, he is a snow dog after all...maybe he'll like the water better when it turns hard...:D
Looking forward to the added goodies over the Winter months...

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yea unfortunately we didn't think of that when we got him but we had also just started on the cheetah project, the list keeps growing daily lol. but i will hopefully be ordering the kicker hlcd speakers for the tower soon

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

here you go Gus, finally got most of my winter mods finished, only a few more small things left to do, and I will slowly be making my way to check your progress. hopefully the light is nearing for you

tow mirror which will help tremendously

wakeboard rack to get them out of the floor, will be ordering a wakesurf rack soon

dual kicker kxm400.4 amps to power the 6 inboat speakers and the tower hlcd's

finally sucked it up and bought the premium cover after the shipping cover got some mold on the underside because of the cotton lining

kicker km6500.2 towers speakers that are insane if you don't believe me search youtube with kicker 6500.2

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Nice new toys, DJ...look awesome and I bet they will sound even better...don't forget to shoot me some pics of you guys havin a blast out there...:)