1988 wellcraft bowrider to cuddy" conversion (Splashed)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
No Title

so I went ahead cleaned up housing then had a wonderful idea to get it extremely squeaky clean yes I was unattended and it seemed like a fantastic Idea till I realized I had made a mess of the floor and had to clean that up "purple stuff suds up in dishwasher, anyways the floor was clean when she got home and I loaded dishwasher with some vinager and ran a cycle or 2 to be sure no problems ... what6 she don't know wont hurt her right?

Attachments

• photo249782.jpg
    photo249782.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 0

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Your a brave man ! I don't think that would go over very well with my wife .. :eek:

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
What's the price to keep silence :D

Oh MS M R, Do you know what your hubby did. :peep: :behindsofa: :washing:

I need some boat work done

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
too late I been busted :( yes the Jeff Foxworthy jokes were in full swing luckily she knows I make no apology's for my hillbilly :)
on another note she is letting me use the 2 extra dining room chairs as my captains chairs on the boat will post pics think they would go real nice in the interior and fit the look of the boat but I need opinions:) of course it might look hokey but then I mean **** the boat ain't exactly your usual glasser is it? :)
ps did I mention how clean the floor was when she got home? ... that's how she busted me first thing she said was what did you do and well **** I cant lie so I narked on myself ...

Last edited:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
naah a Italian woman would never blame herself she would be even madder at me for making her halfta stab me " look what you made me do " :)

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Cool build - keep up the good work - and entertainment! Your posts are great, thanks for sharing your project

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I think I need to share more how I did it then now its done but id need a go pro or something lol thanks for the kind words , first time doing anything like this, this forum gave me lots of ideas and help esp the floor guys postings that was a area I was not really sure about :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
btw I am on my third day of not getting in boat, waiting for floor to dry sux I got so much I wanna do can barely sleep at night without assistance !!
while on that subject I used restore x10 as my floor coating to hide the uneven of my tabs and 1708 then I went over that with porch and patio 2 coats to smooth it out a bit it looks great will post pics this weekend :)
edit: I would never use restore x10 on wet wood or old wood it don't work , treat it like any other paint and do proper prep and you wont have any problems with it.
funny I don't feel the products original intended application is what its best for lol.
remember its paint with sand in it making paint extremely thick so give it two extra days of drying before even thinking about walking on it and try to make that 3 days sunny summer heat days with no rain and you set!

Last edited:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
wiring led for my inner boat lights I feel 20 22 gauge is more then adequate since they are home runs to each led no more then 10 ft but I know they usually want you to run no less then 16 gauge to everything so I'm up in the air its a lot easier to hide smaller wire then big !

Pusher

Lieutenant
so I went ahead cleaned up housing then had a wonderful idea to get it extremely squeaky clean yes I was unattended and it seemed like a fantastic Idea till I realized I had made a mess of the floor and had to clean that up "purple stuff suds up in dishwasher, anyways the floor was clean when she got home and I loaded dishwasher with some vinager and ran a cycle or 2 to be sure no problems ... what6 she don't know wont hurt her right?

My brother and I did that with a motorcycle engine in a college apartment once. The 3rd roommate wasn't amused... and he was a machinist! Go figure.

At first I was like "what's this guy doing?!" but now I'm like "Crazy as Einstein!" I might have to lurk this project to the end. Seems like this would be a fun project to do to a 21' bayliner hull, and throw a cabin on like the Kingfishers. If you want to do permanent seat mounts WOG has a good design for that without needing to put holes in your brand new floor glass. I made a slightly different design I'll eventually get around to posting when I create a photobucket.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
No Title

ok so that's the floor its pretty nice to walk on and those are the chairs /boat seats, they swivel around to be able to fish from them :)

Attachments

• photo249926.jpg
    photo249926.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo249927.jpg
    photo249927.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
mickyryan, I frequent these forums a lot. But some how I haven't see your boat rebuilding thread until this morning. After reading over the entire build, you are very talented with some unique ideas. I like what you've done and you have a lot of interesting ideas as well. Sorry I didn't get involved sooner and add to the excitement and great work feelings and accolades, everybody like those when working along. It gives you that little push to continue when folks respond. I've seen your moniker here and there but didn't even know you had such a huge project going on. Great work sir, bravo!