1988 Glastron X19-S rebuild

snowman246

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Been busy as possible. I got the new Noco onboard battery charger installed, the bow completely trimmed out and finished, the rod holder is painted and installed permanently, headlight installed, Texas Bay fish id/ruler installed and a few other small things done. More to come in the next few days. With any luck, I'll be completely done with the boat and get to hook up with numerous fish instead of working.

Attachments

• photo243808.png
    photo243808.png
    746.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo243809.png
    photo243809.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo243810.png
    photo243810.png
    937.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo243811.png
    photo243811.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo243812.png
    photo243812.png
    761.4 KB · Views: 0

snowman246

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So yesterday I installed the rear platform and got everything sealed up. I just need to sand a few runs off the bottom and put the final coat of paint on and its completely finished. I also treated the teak wood trim to some oil.

As of now, I have my final list of things and the boat is finished!

1. Paint rear livewell door.
2. Trim and paint throttle panel
3. Install buoyancy foam (it's been too cold)
4. Build and install cooler dividers
5. Cut and fit cooler mounting chains.
6. Wire up headlight
7. Repack wheel bearing and seal replacement.
8. Repaint trailer.
9. Final coat of paint on rear platform.
10. Locate spare tire.
11. Replace trailer boards and carpet.
12. Adjust Carb.

This has been a long road and the light is at the end of the tunnel. More photos to come very, very soon.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is a train getting ready to run you over!! :lol:

snowman246

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Today I started around 0600. I touched up the paint on the trailer, greased the outdrive, changed the oil and filter, installed the dividers in the cooler, installed the go-pro camera bracket and tested it and cleaned the boat.

Attachments

• photo244187.png
    photo244187.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • photo244188.png
    photo244188.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • photo244189.png
    photo244189.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

snowman246

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

In the last 24 hours, I have finished up the last few things on my boat list. I installed my new prop (4 blade Solas 17pitch), installed my headlight switch, ran the wires for my livewell pump, and took the boat to the lake and made adjustments on the shift cables and carb. The boat is running better than ever and ready to enjoy.

The new prop made a HUGE difference in holeshot and boat control while only costing me about 1 mph per GPS. I had numerous shops and boat mechanics tell me the 3.0 didn't have enough horsepower to run a 4 blade prop. HA!!!!!!!

With everything finished on the boat except pouring the buoyancy foam in tomorrow, I feel it is fitting to show those of you following my build one of the best photos I have taken so far. We all know that once this part is done, it's time to enjoy ourselves. I will take more finished photos tonight and post them for you to see.

And before the questions start....my wife actually came up with the name!! God I love her!!!

Attachments

• photo244630.png
    photo244630.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

DRock25too

Recruit
Glad that you made this repair and posted all of the info and Pics. I just bought a 1988 Glastron X-19 S and found that the transom needs to be replaced. I will follow your lead Thank You !

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
still kinda new to forums , great rebuild, love the swim platform and name :)

snowman246

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks guys. I have found a problem in my engine. It has a "clanking" noise coming the bell housing. From my research, I think the adaptor plate bolts should have been installed with loc-tite before install. I removed the dust cover and it got louder. Oh well, I'll pull the motor and check it out. I need to ply some more before winter hits :).

Also, check out my new build page "solo skiff". I have been rocking along ok it. Hoping to splash it in about two weeks.

snowman246

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've been away a while, building my skiff and a kayak. I am pulling the motor from Buoys the weekend after next and going thru it.

Once it's back together, im building a dual console version t-top that I have designed. Steel frame with cloth top. It will be fitted with rod holders and an electronics box for the vhf radio and new fish finder.

Let's go 2017, I need to fish more and work on projects less :).