1984 Sea Ray OMC Stinger removal.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... What I see is an ole transducer epoxied to the hull for a shoot-thru,.....

'n the black plastic is a bilge pump base, probably screwed to the piece of wood, glassed in for just that reason,....
A bilge pump pad,....

TxLime2311

Cadet
Ayuh,..... What I see is an ole transducer epoxied to the hull for a shoot-thru,.....

'n the black plastic is a bilge pump base, probably screwed to the piece of wood, glassed in for just that reason,....
A bilge pump pad,....

Yessir, that's exactly what it was. Old transducer. When I first started messing with it, the resin felt as if it was sealant. So I started scraping it off then, I found out it was fiberglassed to the hull after I tapped it with a 2lb hammer.

As for the bilge pump, it had a square plastic sheet over the screws that you cant see until you unclip the plastic.

Sorry for the poor picture quality. You would think with as much money as you spend on an Ipad it could take better pictures. When I take the pictures with my phone they are too large for the site to upload, but they sure are clear lol

Thanks yall for the help

southkogs

Staff member
Sorry for the poor picture quality. You would think with as much money as you spend on an Ipad it could take better pictures. When I take the pictures with my phone they are too large for the site to upload, but they sure are clear lol
LOL - that photo is a lot tighter in than I took it for! Fortunately Bondo has a better sense of scale than I do :)

You can link bigger photos from a hosting site like Photobucket or Flickr. There is a "HOW TO" HERE.