1981 Bayliner Victoria 2750 - Restore or Bust

GWPSR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Still no updates?

​Ha! :) It's not quite that season here yet, though the threat of snow is mostly past, so I uncovered it last week and put the frame away. I'll be installing the new audio system Santa Claus brought me as soon as I have a rain-free weekend. We are very soggy so far this season.

I wouldn't be able to launch right away anyway, as Lake Ontario and the Genesee River are more than 2 feet higher than normal. This puts many of the launches underwater. They are also enforcing no-wake everywhere as well. It's a mess.

Got lots of interior work to do though.

​Thanks for unburying my thread from deep in the forum! :)

briangcc

Commander
Nice work so far!

I don't blame you in the least for not launching. I can only imagine the debris out there right now.

For anyone out of the area, Lake Ontario shoreline has been declared a disaster area in NY. Old Fort Niagara is being threatened with waves as the break walls are failing. My cousin has lake front property up near Lyndonville (Rochester area) and has lost (7) fully grown trees to the lake. My uncle bought property up on Chaumont Bay (sp?) and put his docks in about 3 weeks ago. They were about a foot out of water, they're just about under now.

Any bit of rain we receive immediately ponds and starts flooding concerns on any of the streams/creeks/rivers feeding into Lake Ontario.

Mother nature can take a break with all this darned rain!!

GWPSR

Thanks!

Some folks along the shore near Braddocks Bay were shown on TV news having to clear dead fish from their driveways. We have a flood advisory in fact for tonight. Going to get another couple of inches of rain, and perhaps measurable snow on Sunday. Oy.

briangcc

Commander
Stay safe!

I'm over in Lockport and drove out to Olcott Beach. Police are patrolling to protect property. Didn't get pics as I had my kiddos with me and I don't need to be ticketed for something silly like a photo. The concrete "piers" there which are usually a foot or two out of water are now covered. Breakwall just outside those is almost under. LOTS of standing water and LOTS of damage. And I mean LOTS on both counts

Lake Ontario looked very angry. Someone t'd it off!.

briangcc

Commander
Worse actually. The bridge authority that runs Boldt Castle in 1000 Islands ceased operations after water crested their docks. Usually the docks are about 2' above the water line.

My uncle's place is submerged...well the docks anyways. Can barely see the break wall that's at his place. Quebec is under evacuation orders from what I saw on the news last night.

There's a news story out of Oswego that a house is in danger of being swallowed by Lake Ontario. 2 weeks ago the guy had 10' of lawn that he mowed. As of the news story, he had about 1' of lawn left before the deck got taken off the house. He stated 30-60k to bring in boulders to stop the erosion on his section of property....60k being IF they had to barge in the boulders.

And to top it off, it rained pretty darn good the last couple of days so water that is up my direction is still making its way down stream.

All that debris is in the water system right now. Docks, trees, whatever wasn't tied down, etc.

It's bad mojo right now.

GWPSR

A lot of businesses in Sodus Point are in danger. One marina there has all of their dry storage underwater (the ground under cars and boats that is)
Saw coverage last night of the National Guard deployed to Kendall NY tp distribute sand bags to shoreline residents to try to hold off erosion of their foundations. Many have lost all waterfront footage, beach, walls, deck and docks, etc. It's heartbreaking. And no insurance will cover their losses.

Captain Ollie West

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Have you named her yet?

I recall you were looking for something "Monty Pythonish"

How about "General Direction" or "Unladen Swallow"?

I am currently getting my Victoria ready for the water after a 2 year slumber.

Sav

Recruit
I know this thred may be dead but I would like to say thank you to GWPSR and GWPJR for all there hard work .. I have just acquired a 1979 Victoria sun bridge. I have learnt a lot from watching you guys … Thanks for not giving up half way threw .. if you guys ever wanna sell her please let me know.. Thanks again guys.

GWPSR

I know this thred may be dead but I would like to say thank you to GWPSR and GWPJR for all there hard work .. I have just acquired a 1979 Victoria sun bridge. I have learnt a lot from watching you guys … Thanks for not giving up half way threw .. if you guys ever wanna sell her please let me know.. Thanks again guys.

The thread is not dead, it's simply pining for the Fjords! :)

I'm glad you found my journey helpful. I have not had her in the water this year, but have been doing a very small of work on the interior in between enjoying my new grandson (just turned 1!), and that has REALLY kept GWPJR busy as well. He was able to get his boat out twice this year, so little GWP has been initiated into boat life, and seems to approve.

What's the overall assessment on your Victoria? Minor rehab, full gut, or somewhere indeterminate at this point?

GWPSR

Also, not sure how to edit my sig line anymore, but my tow vehicle has been upgraded since I was here last too. I'm driving a new 2018 Ford F150 4X4

sheboyganjohn

Hover over your name in the upper right and click on edit profile. On the next screen on the left side under Forum click on account. Scroll down the screen about half way and there will be some hyper text that says edit signature.

GWPSR

Hover over your name in the upper right and click on edit profile. On the next screen on the left side under Forum click on account. Scroll down the screen about half way and there will be some hyper text that says edit signature.

Bingo! Missed the little pen icon and the Edit selection. Thanks!

GWPSR

Well, since iBoats sent me an email telling me the forums were all spiffy now, I figured I'd find my old thread.

Updates: Added a salvage shore power panel and wired up outlets and the fridge. Added LED strip lighting for the interior. Added relays and an interior 12V switch panel to control 12V to the fridge, and the water pump.

69874096_10156779177783925_6659245744752427008_n.jpg

119010927_10157838898508925_8693563734508948531_n.jpg

Finished building all of the galley cabinetry

20190817_193305.jpg

And a few more minor things here and there. No boating this year. Staying home and staying safe-ish. :)

Attachments

• 69874096_10156779177783925_6659245744752427008_n.jpg
    69874096_10156779177783925_6659245744752427008_n.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 3