1981 Bayliner Victoria 2750 - Restore or Bust

GWPSR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
No Title

I've been working on the boat steadily all summer, but haven't been updating here.

I've built a bench seat with storage behind the back and under the seat:

(Photo 1)

(Photo 2)

The whole platform pulls out to make a bed, with fold-down legs under the pull-out:

(Photo 3)

Can't see it in this view, but there is a layout line on the sole where the front edge of the galley cabinetry will be. That leaves about 10 inches between the cabinet and edge of the bed when pulled out. The upholstered seat cushions will be 4" thick, and will become a mattress when pulled out.

Stupid to have to do it this way.

Attachments

• photo251947.jpg
    photo251947.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 8
  • photo251948.jpg
    photo251948.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 8
  • photo251949.jpg
    photo251949.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 8

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well the best of it is...........you are actually getting to enjoy your boat. Right? I mean actually using it.

GWPSR

Well the best of it is...........you are actually getting to enjoy your boat. Right? I mean actually using it.

It has gotten wet. Once. I am hoping for them to complete the dredging of Braddock Bay and the update of the marina before next season. It's much closer to home than towing this behemoth to the other side of the county through city streets and trying to launch it at the crowded Port of Rochester. We may try it again before the season ends, but I'm going to want to go as early in the day as possible so that maneuvering the combined length of truck and trailer (over 60 feet) is less scary than when the parking lot is packed full like last time :)

sheboyganjohn

I like the folding benches. Too bad that would not work in my Sea Ray since I want to keep the sink and counters. Not quite as much room in a 24'.

dsinger1211

Cadet
While I am new to posting on iboats, I have followed this build and friscoboater jay's projects with great interest and honestly this build has been a breath of fresh air because everyone seems to be doing to smaller opened bow boats and not a full sized cabin cruiser. I bought a '86 Sea Ray Sundancer 250 early in the year hoping to rebuild her however health issues have kept me away from doing anything other then looking at it and turning the 454 over and letting it run on muffs. That all ends next week thanks to GWPSR's and Jr's work on the Bayliner and yes I will start my own thread so that I don't hijack this one that has taught me so much about rebuilding a cabin cruiser.

GWPSR

While I am new to posting on iboats, I have followed this build and friscoboater jay's projects with great interest and honestly this build has been a breath of fresh air because everyone seems to be doing to smaller opened bow boats and not a full sized cabin cruiser. I bought a '86 Sea Ray Sundancer 250 early in the year hoping to rebuild her however health issues have kept me away from doing anything other then looking at it and turning the 454 over and letting it run on muffs. That all ends next week thanks to GWPSR's and Jr's work on the Bayliner and yes I will start my own thread so that I don't hijack this one that has taught me so much about rebuilding a cabin cruiser.

Welcome D, and good luck on your project. I'll keep an eye out for your thread. Having an engine that isn't just a huge paperweight puts you way ahead of where I was at this point :)

White90GT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I also have a SeaRay to rebuild. Mine is a 1978 260 Weekender with twin Mercruiser 165s. I have a thread going but very slow progress. I also prefer seeing these bigger boat builds. Ive watched all of Jay aka Friscoboater videos znd looked through all of this and Marks thread.

dsinger1211

Cadet
Hopefully tonight we start gutting the interior out of the boat, if the rain quits, I will look up your boat progress later tonight

dsinger1211

Cadet
Thanks GWPSR, if the rain holds out tonight we are going to start gutting out the interior and start the rebuild process

GWPSR

Thanks GWPSR, if the rain holds out tonight we are going to start gutting out the interior and start the rebuild process

Is your interior as mulch-like and stank-i-fied as mine turned out to be?

sheboyganjohn

D just don't start building boats from scratch. Next thing you know you are building and restoring at the same time. At least the admiral is supportive of my efforts so far. I think it is because I have promised the Sea Ray will be in the water next year by mid June. I think I know what I will be doing starting in April.

Be sure to let us know when you start your thread for your restore.

Penguindeity

Recruit
GWPSR, you're certainly doing a great job! I think the boat will be better than factory when you're finished. I just picked up a Victoria sunbridge 2750, and am Hoping things are as solid as they initially appear to be. Again, great job! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Attachments

• 433B6CAB-7634-44A3-ADB9-D84A5309DFB7.JPG
    433B6CAB-7634-44A3-ADB9-D84A5309DFB7.JPG
    339.6 KB · Views: 3

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Really like these types of boats. Love the Baylinner Sunbridge. Great work so far.

Tboner7864

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey GWPSR its been awhile when Iboats upgraded i no longer got updates. I have miss out since June your boat is coming along great. Blue Grandma is sleeping with the fishes. She was recycled about a year ago. Hopefully after checking in today I will receive updates from your thread. I better check in with Zool next ,have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year

Hoosmatroos

Petty Officer 1st Class
I didn't recieve update but that is because there are none yet :D
Would like to see this one splashed this season.