1974 Ouachita Tri-hull Bass Boat Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Yeah, I've been jealous for a LOOOOOONG Time! It just keeps getting worse with each report!!!! Really looking forward to the Splash!!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
We took the older motor off and mounted the newer Mercury this afternoon ..

Looks pretty good I think ... :joyous:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I think it looks WAY better than pretty good!!!!! Cant wait to see her all wet!!!

Tnstratofam

Commander
That merc looks right at home, and ready to make wake. The boat looks really good. I like the interior side panels, and the pin stripes. Gives her some good detail, and nice contrast. Looking forward to splash day.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Picked up the vinyl for the seats today .. Not a perfect match but pretty darn close ..

Ever see any backing made out of plastic ?

Debating on just cutting new wood .. Must have been some damage to one of the plastic pieces .. Looks like Charles added a piece of plywood to one of them at some point ..
Btw , Have I ever told ya how much I hate pulling staples and ripping seams ! :eek:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Yeah staple pulling is one of my favorites too!!!!:facepalm:
Vinyl looks GOOD!!!

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys tried to post yesterday so I may be posting twice. The Ouachita is looking great. Sam is doing an awesome job. Just when I think he can't impress me anymore he goes and does it again. The seats he is making I know will look great on the boat as does the new motor. Least it is new to us. We are trying to take care of my mother-n-law who is 85 and has now broken her arm so I haven't kept up with the message board as I should have. Been going through a lot lately including locking up a stalker but through it all have met some more really awesome people. Like the surgeon that operated on her arm when two hospital refused and he also helped to get her into a rehab facility close to home. Also the Christian man who put new locks on our doors. Any way enough with the doom and gloom Kelly and I are thankful for all the great people we have met in the last couple of years especially all of you guys. Hope all of you have a great New Year. Lisa

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Seats are about done ! Just need to mount the hinges and pick up another swivel seat mount ...
Then remount the new motor controls and hopefully figure out the steering mount . May have to get a little creative on that ..
Later ! SP...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Took a ride with the Admiral and her 2 deck hands out and delivered the new /redone seats ... I must say they look like they were made for it ! :)
I would post a pic but my computer is on the fritz .. :smash:
I'm using my sons computer while he's at work ...

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We figured if Sam could build them we could post them so he'd quit beating up his computer!
Every time we think the boat can't look any better, he shows up with something awesome.
LOVE the seats.
They look so good we're not going to let anyone actually sit on them. You have to bring a bucket if you want to sit.....

tallcanadian

Captain
I hope those seats are well bolted down. That thing is gonna boot scooty right across the lake. Looking good.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Just buzzing thru:bolt: and I had to slam on the brakes...

Sam, you sir are a boat guru!:hail:

I would never pretend to know what Charles would or would not have done to finish this boat, but I get a beautiful sensation that he connected through you to bring this work of art to completion...

I am truly and sincerely in awe at the beautiful work you have done.

Heaps and heaps of Kudos to you, brother!:first:

To Lisa and Kelly, my thoughts and prayers for your mother-in-law to have a speedy recovery.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Aw shucks guys ! I appreciate all the complements but this is the same stuff you all been doing to your boats ! And given the opportunity would be doing the same thing for any of our Iboats family ...I feel blessed that I get to do cool stuff like this and make a bunch of new friends at the same time !!
We just gotta kick it gear and get this ship ready to splash ! We're getting real close now ! I know Lisa and Kelly are ready .. I,m thinking they might should take a safety/boating coarse . If I could find a free one through the Coast Guard or something I wouldn't mind sitting through a class also ..

Status
Not open for further replies.