1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

ab59

Ensign
Well wishes for you and yours too I hope most remember why and what we are celebrating.

zool

Captain
Oh one more thing, I have a challenge to ALL iBoats Members. Before tomorrow ends read this...

Declaration of Independence

I just roll with this passage, and roll over anyone that tries to deny me...

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Happy 4th Mickey!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks Mike and happy 4rth !!!
Its been a while since I have read the whole DOI .
‘It always reminds me of the how we got to this point and how easy it is at times to screw things up !
I just pray the the right minded citizens of our nation can keep this ship afloat and on coarse for future generations ...

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thanks for the reminder Mike! Happy Independence Day everyone! God Bless America!

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks Mike! We all need to remember where we came from as a nation and what it took to get here. My wife and I were headed to the Pensacola Symphony Orchestra Fourth celebration at the big bandstand on the bay, but we’re turned away because there was no ADA parking. It’s a shame that disabled veterans like me are shut out of events that celebrate what we and those that come before and after us achieved. Happy Independence Day!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Thanks Mike! We all need to remember where we came from as a nation and what it took to get here. My wife and I were headed to the Pensacola Symphony Orchestra Fourth celebration at the big bandstand on the bay, but we’re turned away because there was no ADA parking. It’s a shame that disabled veterans like me are shut out of events that celebrate what we and those that come before and after us achieved. Happy Independence Day!

No THAT'S the kind of thing that Makes my blood boil!!!! I'd be writing to the organizers of the event and telling them that from now on they MUST make accomodations for ADA people ESPECIALLY VETS!!!! Good thing they didn't tell the ILLEGALS they couldn't come!!!!:embarassed::embarassed::embarassed:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Finally starting the New Workshop!!! In two weeks I'll finally have a place to work and the Admiral will have her Garage back!!! We're setting Posts and finishing the Grade to be ready to pour the slab on Monday. I can't wait!!!

IMG_0025 - Copy.JPGIMG_0027 - Copy.JPGIMG_0028 - Copy.JPGIMG_0029 - Copy.JPGIMG_0026 - Copy.JPGIMG_0030 - Copy.JPGIMG_0031 - Copy.JPGIMG_0032 - Copy.JPG

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Awesome news Mike ! What type structure you putting in ?
I’ve been thinking on having a metal garage put up ..
Hard to beat the price compared to block or stick framing ...

ab59

Ensign
looking good . I have an asphalt Tennis court out back that would make a great floor for a shop. Now if I could only scratch up 40,000 bucks somewhere I'd have a shop too. :joyous:

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
So jealous.. I've been drooling over building a post frame garage for years now.. just that whole darn money thing. Excited for you!

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Wood, I’ve been coating my jonboat transom (fir exterior plywood) with OTF. I have four coats on the surface and eight on the edges and it still acts like a desiccated sponge. How many coats should I expect to apply before the straight spar varnish?
Cheers