1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Being on the water and miles of smiles! :thumb:

fetch

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well it's about time Mike, Darn awesome!!!!! Yup that sure is alot of big smiles.
ps the hose probably has rot ....lol!

The feeder hose and bulb are all Brand New. I really think the old tank and motor fittiings a bit worn. I noticed some air bubbles and a bit of gas leakage at those points.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well there ya go! Problem solved. ;)
Mike when was the last time you took a spin on that ole gal? Gots to feel good says I!

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looks like fun times ! Even with the fuel line mishaps ...Glad to see you back on the water Mike !
HAd the same problem with fuel lines . Worst part I had to cut short the boat ride the first time I took my mother out on the MFG after the restoration ..
Hope ya get the problem resolved soon !

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
It had been 2 years since the BF was on the water and the last time was NOT GOOD. I have to confess today that the idling issue was a very easy fix. I forgot that on the front of the control box is an Idler screw. 1 1/2 turns and she purrs like a kitten now!!! DUH!!!!:facepalm: I'll put her back in the lake this Wednesday and see if that helps pretty sure it will!!! If not I'll replace all the fuel fittings to prevent any air getting to it. It's time to enjoy the boat instead of fiddling all the time!!!!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah I hear that but try owning 2 boats and see how much fiddle time you get. :lol:

CaptNewbie

Seaman Apprentice
It's taken me about a week to read through this adventure and it's been an emotional roller coaster. I feel like I've known some of you guys for years, especially you Wood. I'm glad to see you've gotten pretty much all the kinks out of the BF and she's a beautiful work of art and I bet she's extremely happy that you took the time to restore her.

May the wind be always at your back and I hope your enjoying your retirement and having awesome family time. I hope your still on here sharing your kindness and wisdom when I finally start my journey.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for the kind words CaptNewbie, I plan on being on the water lots more and on the forum for a long time to come.

FCDave, thanks for dropping by and I plan on LOTS more enjoying time!!!

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Wood,
what page has your miracle spar varnish recipe for sealing wood? I’m putting the second new transom in my 1976 jonboat and I want this one to last more than ten years. We all appreciate your continued support and advice!
Cheers! Craig

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Just a quick note. You can use just about any brand of the above products. Some Spar varnish is better than others. But they all will work with the OTWSF

oldrem

Commander
Mike, didn't I read you saying you could also use Helmsman Spar Urethane instead of the varnish or is this old fart getting more senile?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Yup, you sure did. Anything rated for Marine or exterior use can be used. Like I said...Some are better than others.