1960 Valco Re-Paint inside/possibly outside

jspansel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1960 Valco Re-Paint inside/possibly outside

Hey JS!! Thanks for the compliment on the Sea King!! I plan on applying another heavier coat come Spring. Same Hunter Green...

Now about painting that Valco - I wish mine had looked like yours. I would not have painted it. Mine was very ugly..... Check out my resto at this link. :)

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d199/coolness407/Sea King Restoration/

Your Valco looks great au natural.... Don't paint it!! ;)

Yeah, Northern Virginia is expensive. Lynchburg taxes are pretty reasonable. Someday I want to move back to New York State though the taxes are NOT good. Miss the Finger Lakes.

Thanks! I guess I will leave her alone :D She is in pretty good shape for being over 50 years old! Will just give it a good cleaning.

I guess I just got the fishin blues now haha. Cant take the boat out for quite a while, so I want to do SOMETHING to the boat. Now the inside is done, just looking for something ;) Maybe I will make some kind of storage...

coolness

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Maybe you can get a friend to help you flip the Valco and you can work on shining it up. :)

You say the transom wood is solid? You could add rod holders..... ;)

Great looking work on the paint job. Paint covers a multitude of sins. :D The paint on the inside of the Sea King is holding up very well. Good 'ol Rust-Oleum....

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Yeah I don't think I'd paint that Valco either. I think it would detract from the really cool lines that hull has.

twkjr 1250

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hi js , glad you decided to keep her bare . I think its better to shine things up rather then paint over them ,unless there ugly looking and a eye sore. your boat looks real cool the way she sits ,just add some shine and a little water under her wala! good job

jspansel

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Update with all my stuff back in/on it! Got my new Minn Kota 45# thrust on it too!!! I still need to remake the front triangle wood piece. I may turn it into a little storage area or something. Still need to do something with the ouside as well... need to clean it and polishing it up a little bit.

picture.php

picture.php

And here is a shot of my "cockpit" area :) Also my little kiddo sneaking into the shot! :D

picture.php