Arkie Roundup Roll Call. Please Check In and Tell Us How Many In Your Crew

lncoop

Vice Admiral
I started reading through the original thread to try and get a read on who was in, but I was overwhelmed by all the silliness. Plus, I know a couple of peeps have said they'd most likely come but were just keeping up to see when the dates were. So, I thought I'd better start a roll call. The official dates are 8/10-8/12, and the location is Lake Ouachita. This is not a formal affair. I know some will be there the whole time, but I'm sure there will be a lot of coming and going. There will be a mix of campers and lodgers, and this IS a family friendly event. This doesn't mean we're teetotalin'; just means we don't want to scare any youngsters (looking at you scoyt:p). Any questions hit me up here so the answers (provided I have any useful ones, which has been a point of vigorous debate for years) are available to anyone who might be wondering the same thing. Dig? Just a few weeks away.:cool:

BigLee324

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Arkie Roundup Roll Call. Please Check In and Tell Us How Many In Your Crew

answering roll call, my wife and i are in and have made reservations for accomodations

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

LOL. Why ya gotta single ME out?? Thats profiling ya know! :O

ninjamatt

Seaman Apprentice

I started reading through the original thread to try and get a read on who was in, but I was overwhelmed by all the silliness. Plus, I know a couple of peeps have said they'd most likely come but were just keeping up to see when the dates were. So, I thought I'd better start a roll call. The official dates are 8/10-8/12, and the location is Lake Ouachita. This is not a formal affair. I know some will be there the whole time, but I'm sure there will be a lot of coming and going. There will be a mix of campers and lodgers, and this IS a family friendly event. This doesn't mean we're teetotalin'; just means we don't want to scare any youngsters (looking at you scoyt:p). Any questions hit me up here so the answers (provided I have any useful ones, which has been a point of vigorous debate for years) are available to anyone who might be wondering the same thing. Dig? Just a few weeks away.:cool:

I'm gonna try to make this. I'm sorry I derailed the other thread. I'm just lost when it comes to boats and internets but I am learning fast.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I'm gonna try to make this. I'm sorry I derailed the other thread. I'm just lost when it comes to boats and internets but I am learning fast.

LOL. Don't beat yourself up for derailing that crazy thread. It was all over the place before you showed up!:D Don't let not having a boat stop you from coming to the get together.

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Me and the wife and kids are in. Just sold our bow rider today and got a 93 aquapatio 24ft with a 115 on it for 5500 today. Plus just booked a cabin from the 11th to the 13th. My wifes birthday is on the 13th so we are gonna have a party for her. Is there a party beach somewhere near brady or do you guys plan on tieing up to each other or what?

The Rooster

Ensign

The old cougar and I will be there !!! :D

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just found out today that I have to work that weekend. Grrrrrr....let me find out how many sick days I have left.

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

Dang--will be out of town that weekend--would love to make it--It's been a long time since I have been on that lake.
Hope ya'll have fun and be safe.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

LOL. Why ya gotta single ME out?? Thats profiling ya know! :O

Whaddya mean????!!!!!! I meant you were one of the youngsters we didn't want to scare!:p

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

LOL. I know. Just because I am under 40 does NOT make me the youngster in this crowd.........does it? :confused:

The Rooster

Ensign

LOL. I know. Just because I am under 40 does NOT make me the youngster in this crowd.........does it? :confused:

I think it does "scoyt", I think it does !!!

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Na i'll be there and I just hit 30 this year....damn im getting old

Where is everyone planning on hanging out at? I got a lodge at brady mtn. I don't know the lake to well but give me cordinates or a dot on a map and I can get there. Is it a beach or somewhere the kids can swim?

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Smoe, I'm working on that right now. The short answer to your question regarding somewhere for the kids to swim is yes. The long answer is Ouachita is full of islands with all sorts of neat stuff for kids, including swimming, and a couple of really good ones are in close proximity to Brady. I've sent a map of the Brady area to my uncle for suggestions as he's kept a boat there for years and spends a lot of time in the area diving and spear fishing. As soon as I hear from him I'll be back, but my guess is we will be hanging out on one of the islands in the Brady area of the lake. I've got something to talk to you about specifically, so I'll be sending you a PM soon. I'm really glad you guys are coming and that you found a barge. Looking forward to meeting you all.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I think it does "scoyt", I think it does !!!

Sheesh, what a prima dona! First he accuses me of profiling him, then he insinuates I'm an old man! No Scoyt, you won't be the youngest. The vice admiral is nine, so she's got you beat, and there might even be someone younger than she. You gotta be the most sensitive Arkie I've ever knowed. And while we're at it, I hope you're not faking a work conflict to get out of delivering my pie.:p

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've camped out on the islands in the past. There are some nice coves to camp but you really have to get there Friday afternoon before every one gets out to the lake. I dunno if anyone is camping, but if they are I can point them out on a map

Plus my boy is 7. So he might be the youngest along with my 14 and 15 year old girls

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I've camped out on the islands in the past. There are some nice coves to camp but you really have to get there Friday afternoon before every one gets out to the lake. I dunno if anyone is camping, but if they are I can point them out on a map

Plus my boy is 7. So he might be the youngest along with my 14 and 15 year old girls

Yeah, I'm sure we'll have plenty of company. I'm hoping that since we've waitied until mid August the crowds will be down a bit from peak summer. Last I heard the majority of the participants plan to camp, but several have yet to check in here. My guess is we'll end up on Hotel island, but who knows?

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sheesh, what a prima dona! First he accuses me of profiling him, then he insinuates I'm an old man! No Scoyt, you won't be the youngest. The vice admiral is nine, so she's got you beat, and there might even be someone younger than she. You gotta be the most sensitive Arkie I've ever knowed. And while we're at it, I hope you're not faking a work conflict to get out of delivering my pie.:p

LOL. A prima dona?? Nope. Heck, I had to look that up to see what that meant! No, I aint faking having to work, I gotta see if another guy will swap weekends with me. I hope he does. I might enjoy being a "youngster" in the crowd. :D

sasto

Captain

I'm happy to see this coming together....Have fun gulls and bouys! :D

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

+1 to that^^^^^^