What can this Starcraft handle?

nokiddin

Seaman
Hello. I got my eye on a couple starcraft boats and have some questions, so I figured I'd post here. I'm looking for a boat for fishing, lakes and rivers and some watersports (mostly tubing).

First boat: 61 Starcraft holiday 18' with a 1987 90 hp merc.

Second boat: 15 ft starcraft alum with 50 hp merc. (not sure on year, prob in 70s)

Will the holiday pull a tube with an adult? will it pull two tubes? Just curious

Will the 15 ft handle some watersports?

Thanks for any help!

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What can this Starcraft handle?

Hello. I got my eye on a couple starcraft boats and have some questions, so I figured I'd post here. I'm looking for a boat for fishing, lakes and rivers and some watersports (mostly tubing).

First boat: 61 Starcraft holiday 18' with a 1987 90 hp merc.

Second boat: 15 ft starcraft alum with 50 hp merc. (not sure on year, prob in 70s)

Will the holiday pull a tube with an adult? will it pull two tubes? Just curious

Will the 15 ft handle some watersports?

Thanks for any help!

Yes yes and probablyBiger motor and light boats work well. Have fun

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Both boats sound fun! I have a 15' with a 40 hp on it, and I expect it will tow a tube nicely... im planning on using it to do so, just has not gotten warm enough here to try it.

Last edited:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

nokiddin, hunting for just the right Starcraft is a fun game. Getting just the right one is a challenge. The difference between those two boats is pretty big. If they were sitting side by side you'd immediately see. Both are excellent boats but that Holiday is waaayyyy bigger in every way.

For fishing and water fun it may be worth holding out for an open bow boat, though they are a little harder to find and a little more $$.

Both boats mound fun! I have a 15' with a 410 hp on it, and I expect it will tow a tube nicely.

Noooo doubt! Yah baby, hit it!!:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

As mentioned, the Holiday will do everything you want to do with it and 90HP is good power for it. However, you will be wanting for an open bow. Trust me on that one ;)

nokiddin

Seaman

I was kinda thinkin the Holiday would have enough room to make up for not being an open bow.

The reason I chose these two boats is because a friend is selling the 15 ft, and the holiday I found online but seems like it fits my application well.

I will be on Lake Winnipeg some of the time, which is pretty open water, pretty big lake.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Closed bow boats do well on inland seas.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

With 410 hp my Jet would live up to its name!! :D

Open bows certainly are more practical, particularly for fishing, but there is just something about the looks of a closed bow runabout that really appeals to me. So if you like the look, go for it!

Rockmere1

Seaman

You could get both boats, if you wish to have Multiple Boat Syndrome! :D