Opinions on a $20k saltwater fishing rig

Zerex

Seaman Apprentice
Just wanted to get some opinions on a 'budget' saltwater fishing setup. I'm looking for a boat from 16-18ft, aluminum or fiberglass, outboard motor ONLY, and less than $20k.
I've been looking at Legends, Trackers, Fishers and Double Eagles.
I'd like to here real world feedback on these boats and any others that fit my criteria.
thanks

kilowatts

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Opinions on a $20k saltwater fishing rig

Hi Guys:

Like me, as you're in either the Pacific Northwest or the Canadian Southwest I don't think people will be familiar with "Double Eagle" boats! For my money they are a fine budget rig along with Hourston which are also locally built for local conditions. They're often available for a lot less than your budget on Vancouver Craigslist. Good luck.

kilowatts

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

You can get a bigger, better rig for that money. You can easily find a 20' with a 175-200 O/B for 20K.

nikon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

How old do you want/willing to go? You can find something ~25+' possibly with twins for 20k around here, with some hours on them of course.

Zerex

Seaman Apprentice

You can get a bigger, better rig for that money. You can easily find a 20' with a 175-200 O/B for 20K.
I don't want bigger or better. I want something hopefully new and the exact size I previously mentioned as I want to trailer to remote salmon hotspots found at the end of horrible gravel roads.

Yeah Kilo located in BC.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

I was referring to bigger & better than the 16-18' aluminum rig you mentioned.

I bought a left over 20' Angler center console (with T-top and outriggers), Johnson 150, and aluminum trailer for $19,900 in 2005. It was a new boat, they just needed to move it to get newer boats on the floor. I also realize that was 6 years ago, but I'm just saying that the deals are out there, keep looking. You can go 6 months-1 year old which still have the dealer & factory warranty. Those might even come with an electronics special, just to sweeten the deal.