My New Bass Tracker... Help and Suggestions!!!

geauxcats10

Cadet
I'm new here and I just inherited this Bass Tracker. It does not run and I'm looking to get it going. I do not know alot about marine outboards but I think I could figure it out with some guidance. Also I want to redo the interior to make it more manageable for fishing along with duck hunting. Any suggestions??
ATTACH]

225098_1789514971306_1042549428_31666491_3264520_n.jpg

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander
Re: My New Bass Tracker... Help and Suggestions!!!

Welcome to iboats Dry Dock

We can help with the interior, I'd suggest starting a thread in the outboard section for your running issues.

Nice boat and good luck.

geauxcats10

Cadet

Thanks for responding!! Where do you suggest I start? I plan on doing a detailed follow-thru, including pictures and a spreadsheet including cost breakdowns.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi.......welcome to iboats.

just a couple of things........

first....do as suggested above.

second.....the aft platform looks as it might be soft....search core sample or do weight tests to find out if the wood is rotten.

second.....take a case of beer, sit in your boat in the driveway, and drink all the beer. think of your self on the water and what you want to do on the boat.
dont forget to make motorboat sounds after your fourth beer.

after a few of these fantasy trips in the driveway....you will know what you want from the boat and how to make it yours

geauxcats10

Cadet

What do y'all thinking about cutting out the front decking? I want to make this a duck/fish hybrid

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

What do y'all thinking about cutting out the front decking? I want to make this a duck/fish hybrid

No need to cut out the front deck, it will disassemble with a screwgun and drill. Find the screws through the carpet and back them out. The framing is likely riveted and you can drill out the rivets for disassembly.

geauxcats10

Cadet

No need to cut out the front deck, it will disassemble with a screwgun and drill. Find the screws through the carpet and back them out. The framing is likely riveted and you can drill out the rivets for disassembly.

Is all that decking in the front structural?