tell me about omc conversions. this sounds great

i have a 5.7 / 21'-00" donzi with a cobra outdrive. i want to change the outdrive. I hear volvo and mercruiser have aftermarket toys. Has anyone gone thru this? By the way, South Carolina is going to the college world series again.

superbenk

Commander
Re: tell me about omc conversions. this sounds great

SEI is the only aftermarket company that makes a conversion kit for replacing a cobra drive with a Mercruiser.

Volvo made some of the later Cobra drives, however, so it's possible the Cobra is actually a Volvo & not an OMC. Don S knows more about this than me.

SEI is the only aftermarket company that makes a conversion kit for replacing a cobra drive with a Mercruiser.

Volvo made some of the later Cobra drives, however, so it's possible the Cobra is actually a Volvo & not an OMC. Don S knows more about this than me.

Tell Don S that i want a higher ranking than cadet. I know how to sail a boat. I can fix jet engins. Boats, Hotrods, Oh My...

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

i have a 5.7 / 21'-00" donzi with a cobra outdrive. i want to change the outdrive. I hear volvo and mercruiser have aftermarket toys. Has anyone gone thru this? By the way, South Carolina is going to the college world series again.

Just pull all the OMC junk out of the boat and find yourself a 454 and Bravo to bolt in it's place.

That's what I did.

Regards,

Rick

sam60

Captain

Just pull all the OMC junk out of the boat and find yourself a 454 and Bravo to bolt in it's place.

That's what I did.

Rick-

You would recommend a 454 in a 12' john-boat!

Hey, not a bad idea!

sam60

Captain

You may have me talked into that. I've been looking at them today online.............Big "ol fat Girl.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

I have been looking for quite some time. they're pretty hard to find (cheap)

I think a 454 can be built to make a LOT of power though....