" How To" Forum Questions

partskenn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Okay, 2 stupid questions.

1) A lot of people reply to a thread by first requoting someone else's comment in a light green box the shows their comment, plus who said it, How do you do that? I assume that it's in the advanced reply screen, but so far I can't figure it out.

2) I presume that the answer to questions like this one are already available, but where do you find such things? I tried searching for "quotes" and a couple other guesses, but did not find anything usefull.

wifisher

Chief Petty Officer
Re: " How To" Forum Questions

1) there is a little button under every post that says, "Reply with Quote" Just click it.

Not sure about 2, but I'm sure there is a page somewhere.

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

To ans question 1 On the bottom of the original post on the right. This is on the original, not after you have typed your a post. It says Reply with a little arrow... or reply with quote with quotation marks that will put the original post in along with your post Or the quotation marks with the + If ya wanna reply to more then 1 post and have more then 1 quoted. Or edit post if ya wanna change something after you have posted it.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There is always the forums FAQ link at the top left on EVERY forum page.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FAQ.jpg
    FAQ.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0

partskenn

Petty Officer 1st Class

1) there is a little button under every post that says, "Reply with Quote" Just click it.

Not sure about 2, but I'm sure there is a page somewhere.

Thanks everyone,