Looking at a 06' Crownline 21 Classic... newbie to CL... thoughts ?

Shawk

Seaman Apprentice
Never owned a Crownline but know the solid reputation and have a buddy with a 23 footer. We just sold our 03' Four Winns 220 that we loved... it had a 5.7 GI VP and Duoprop... the thing was a rocket out of the water. ;) I'm assuming the 21' Classic will be somewhat the same with the 5.0 MPI due to the lower profilel lighter weight and 16* deadrise compared to the H220's 20*? Thanks in advance!!

One concern I have is the single axle trailer it's sitting on... isn't this boat to big for a single? I'm a little surprised Crownline would put a single under it??

btw... does Crownline have an archive for 2006 manuals and brochures? Can't find then...

All the best!

Steve

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Looking at a 06' Crownline 21 Classic... newbie to CL... thoughts ?

Never owned a Crownline but know the solid reputation and have a buddy with a 23 footer. We just sold our 03' Four Winns 220 that we loved... it had a 5.7 GI VP and Duoprop... the thing was a rocket out of the water. ;) I'm assuming the 21' Classic will be somewhat the same with the 5.0 MPI due to the lower profilel lighter weight and 16* deadrise compared to the H220's 20*? Thanks in advance!!

One concern I have is the single axle trailer it's sitting on... isn't this boat to big for a single? I'm a little surprised Crownline would put a single under it??

btw... does Crownline have an archive for 2006 manuals and brochures? Can't find then...

All the best!

Steve

I love mine, and have zero plans of ever selling it, your 06 is probably still supported by the company have you contacted them? I have seen 21's on a single axle before and I agree with you seems to be a bit heavy but they still do it but you can always get another trailer that is matched to your boat, I bet the PO probably wanted to save some change and went cheaper on the trailer or maybe didn't plan on going far to boat, who knows. I have some decent contacts if your interested, feel free to PM me.

Chris

Shawk

Seaman Apprentice

I love mine, and have zero plans of ever selling it, your 06 is probably still supported by the company have you contacted them? I have seen 21's on a single axle before and I agree with you seems to be a bit heavy but they still do it but you can always get another trailer that is matched to your boat, I bet the PO probably wanted to save some change and went cheaper on the trailer or maybe didn't plan on going far to boat, who knows. I have some decent contacts if your interested, feel free to PM me.

Chris

Thanks Chris! I'm not as familiar with Crownline but have seen a few 202's on single... but typically I thought they were on tandems. I believe the 202's were a tad lighter as well. I'm finding specs from 3500-3700 on the 21 Classics. They appear to offer a lot of boat. Any/all info appreciated... thank you!!
Steve

45Auto

Commander

I have an '03 Crownline 225. Very impressive construction and materials, much higher qaulity than my Bayliner or Sea Ray. People still think mine is brand new when I pull up to the dock.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I completely agree the finish on my 248 at 11 years old is awesome, and easy to maintain, I think the only thing I would change is that I would love a 496, maybe in a couple years who knows.

cameradownload052310023.jpg

my 11 year old baby, I looked at alot of boats before getting my second Crownline and I would put the quality of my boat overall up against any other boat manufacturer, they have the perfect mix of class and sportiness for me, and I cannot recommend the brand enough.

Shawk

Seaman Apprentice

Well, it looks like this particular boat is out already. It has the 5.0 Carb rather than the MPI. It's a fabulous motor but to light for a 3500 + lb boat IMO. I'd rather have a 5.7 fuel injected in a boat this size but I'd be ok with the 5.0 MPI... but will pass on the carb. The search goes on... :)

Thanks so much for the replies!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Yeah makes sense to me as well, you know what your looking for and it sounds to me like you have excellent taste I'm sure you will find exactly what your looking for and it will be a heck of a boat!

jp10

Seaman

Good move, never settle. BTW, why did you sell the Four Winds?

Shawk

Seaman Apprentice

Good move, never settle. BTW, why did you sell the Four Winds?

I'm in an area with a really small boating lake... we can travel to others and will but in reality I finally pushed myself to simply sell it to and look for just a tad smaller boat... possibly pocket a couple bucks as well.

Thanks for the replies all!!