Fox TV online or mobile?

angus63

Captain
My cable carrier "Cablevision" is in dispute with News Corp (Fox TV) and dropped Fox for now. I need my Football and the World Series starting Wed.. I tried using an antenna but I am too far from the transmitter for reception without a mast and directional.
Looking for a method (legal) to get live Fox programming via the internet for PC or for smartphone (Android). Any suggestions?

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Fox TV online or mobile?

You may be out of luck, 40 miles away from the transmitter was it???

Any chance of getting a pay per view as a second option??

Then there is AM/FM radio broadcasts, UGH

angus63

Captain

No PPV.
News Corp pulled all Fox programming from my carrier.
Need ther than TV options.
Thanks

Deadwood

Chief Petty Officer

DirecTV has pretty good deals for new customers. Tell them you'll sign up if they get it installed quick.

angus63

Captain

Complicated by internet and landline needs. Looking for temp pc or smartphone access.

Deadwood

Chief Petty Officer

Complicated by internet and landline needs. Looking for temp pc or smartphone access.

Poop can them for those services too and tell them why! There's got to be landline and internet options....probably cheaper. Doesn't the phone company do TV back there?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Contrary to popular belief, you don't need a landline for Directv. They want one so you use their ppv service, but you don't need one. We don't have one.

As far as online viewing, good luck.

Wifey does some online viewing, time delayed, very limited programming. Very poor quality.

Your best bet for MLB is to get a Roku box for $60, then sign up for their MLB package, assuming it includes the series. Never mind, they blacked out the post season.

Dtv is the way to go, unless you have a cable contract.

Or spend countless days and hours sitting in a sports bar.

Let us know if you find something.

Deadwood

Chief Petty Officer

Verizon in your area?

TV + Internet + Phone
Exclusive Low Price
Only Online
$84.99
/month

angus63

Captain

I am aware of Verizon FIOS and Direct TV options in my area to switch my TV/phone/internet service, but I have a contract with my employer that required inspection and registration of equipment for my home office that I wish to keep in place. I am avoiding changes to maintain the ability to work from home without going through that process again. I'm certain News Corp and Cablevision will reach an agreement soon (FCC is stepping in), so I'm just looking for a temporary solution to view Fox via PC or Android.

I like to watch with my young son, so bars don't solve the issue for me.

Games run kinda late during the week to spend at friends and neighbors.

MLB.com has a pay package for the Series I may pick up, but I can't find any for the NFL. My daughter needs her "Glee" fix too!

Thanks for the input! Still looking for a fix...

angus63

Captain

Sounds like you just don't want football or the world series bad enough!!! Priorities MAN!

It is very obvious you are not familiar with my priorities. I went to a NY Giants game on my first wedding anniversary without my wife. She understood...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I understand.... I used to drive to CT when I lived in NY to watch the blacked out Giants......

How about a separate (a second) system installed as a gift to the children. Just do it as an additional wired into "their room' from dish or direct.

I am not sure this Fox debacle will be cured too quickly

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

I have some sources that may work for you, however, they are at very most dancing on the line of legal. At least from the broadcast rights perspective. If you are interested let me know, if not I completely understand.

j_martin

Admiral

It is very obvious you are not familiar with my priorities. I went to a NY Giants game on my first wedding anniversary without my wife. She understood...

That's interesting. My wife tells me she crammed on baseball and football information when she was a teen because she didn't want to be a bore to whomever she eventually married.

I have little time for spectator sports. We both enjoy fishing and camping, and that's what we do.

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer

Do you have friends that have the game on? They make a product i think that's called Slingbox that broadcasts TV over the internet, IF it's hooked up to a cable provider that;s carrying the games. just a thought, i have no experience with it whatsoever.

stevenw00

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Who is your cell phone provider? Sprint has a TV app that plays some live broadcasting, but I somehow forgot mine at home and can't see if Fox is one of the channels. Verizon has the NFL network that will play some games live (if not all.)

Try TV Flash (found on Appbrain). I've never used it, but one of the comments says they are watching live football on CBS, so it might work for Fox.

If you haven't already, try searcing www.androidforums.com for other phone options.

angus63

Captain

Yes, I have an android on at&t and have searched apps without success. No Fox for me yet...

angus63

Captain

Looks like I'll be roughing it at Applebees tonite with the boy to catch the game. This series is gonna cost me!! Want to see Lee and Lincecum face off tonite so I'm caving in and headed out. We'll see for future games what the gameplan is...

angus63

Captain

Cablevision offered me mlb.com free coverage of the Series. Nice...

Nandy

Commander

I swore i posted here a solution, did it got wacked?