Evinrude Ducktwin 3HP-what year?

Mybigjohnson

Seaman Apprentice
Hi all,
I have a Evinrude Ducktwin 3HP (brown model). I cannot seem to nail down the year of this motor. I have a operators manual for it but it is for 1956. I looked up the serial number on EVINRUDE.COM and it looks to be a 1963 model.

Runs like a top when started. However, it has sat for a few years and I cannot start it. I think it needs a carb kit and probably a new impeller as well.

MODEL: 33125
SERIAL: R or B 1955

What year is this glorious motor??

Thanks,

Xcusme

Commander
Re: Evinrude Ducktwin 3HP-what year?

"What year is this glorious motor??" ..... well, It looks like a 1963 for sure, even tho you typed the Model wrong...

Nice motor....

Mybigjohnson

Seaman Apprentice

"What year is this glorious motor??" ..... well, It looks like a 1963 for sure, even tho you typed the Model wrong...

Nice motor....

Xcuseme,
I thought I copied the model number correctly. Do you know what the correct number should be or what is missing?

F_R

Supreme Mariner

3312S is a 1963 Ducktwin. You substituted a "2" for the "S". Before you ask, the S is meaningless. All 3312 motors were "S". There were no mid-year engineering changes, but if there were, the "S" would have changed to something else.

Mybigjohnson

Seaman Apprentice

3312S is a 1963 Ducktwin. You substituted a "2" for the "S". Before you ask, the S is meaningless. All 3312 motors were "S". There were no mid-year engineering changes, but if there were, the "S" would have changed to something else.

F_R,

Ahh, Ok. Thanks for the clarification.