p2p file sharing

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer
Just wondering what others use,Its been a long time for me, and I used to use morpheus, but since the upgrade I dont care for it......What do you use?

Xcusme

Commander
Re: p2p file sharing

Try uTorrent 1.6.1......(avoid newer versions) or Ares2. Do some port forwarding in your router.

kmk_7110

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can we even talk about this on here? Well if we can, I use bittorrent and limewire pro. Limewire pro is nice with the superfast downloads.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Every time i have used Limewire i ended up reformatting the drive to get rid of a virus.I think about all the free file share programs are risky.The paid P2P sites may be better but if you think about it you are sharing with thousands of other computers so its all a risk..

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Try uTorrent 1.6.1......(avoid newer versions) or Ares2. Do some port forwarding in your router.

What is port forwarding in my router? I have a cable modem for my internet service...

Im wondering if I try the torrent if im getting in over my head?

Xcusme

Commander

What is port forwarding in my router? I have a cable modem for my internet service...

Im wondering if I try the torrent if im getting in over my head?

Port forwarding is opening a hole in your router so data can pass through to your computer when transfering data. When your done, the port closes and no one can get to your computer's data.

i386

Captain

Can we even talk about this on here? Well if we can, I use bittorrent and limewire pro. Limewire pro is nice with the superfast downloads.

Lots of legitimate software is distributed via p2p.

kmk_7110

Petty Officer 1st Class

Lots of legitimate software is distributed via p2p.

but there is just as much if not more illegal software, movies, music and games on there as well. But lets not get into that.:)