Stator and/or power pack

gsyfishy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
1991 200 Rude, been having cold start issues with this motor for about a month, here are the symptoms;
Takes 15-30 minutes too start cold, once it does fire and run, it will run fine all day long, like I said, it started this about a month ago.
I dont have spark at this initial starting time, but when it finally does fire, its like nothing is wrong.
I've done some researching here as to what this symptom would be, and I believe its the Stator vs the power pack, as my voltage gague is only reading 12v while running, instead of the 13-14v it read in the past, also the tach works normally up to 2200 rpm, but if you throttle it up from there it goes down instead of up. This tells me the charging rectifier is going, which in turn would have an impact on the voltage to the power pack.
So, is it the Stator/rectifier? And if so, should I go ahead and invest in the power pack as well?

gsyfishy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Stator and/or power pack

Boat would start everytime as supposed, until a couple of weeks ago,also see melting of stator coils, so I know the motors habits for normal staring.
Would the tach and volt gauge be affected by the stator and charging coils?