new motor. no spark. PLEASE HELP!

DHaemer

Cadet
86' Chris Craft
alpha one drive
350 CID
Thunderbolt IV

Hi everyone! I need some help. I had to do a motor swap because the block cracked this winter. went from a 305 to a 350. I used all the origional electrical stuff. I went to fire it up and I have no spark. The gages power up and it turns over but no spark. I searched the forum and found the wiring diagram checked all my wires and there right. cleaned all the connections when I put it together.
I'm not getting anything out of the coil. But I seem to be getting power to the coil. Changed the coil. nothing. I also tried bypassing the engine cutoff switch by disconnecting the green and white wire. It did sit all winter. Is there anything in the distrubuter that I could clean? Also how does the rotor come off? tried pulling. I dont want to break it. Any help would be great. Thank you

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: new motor. no spark. PLEASE HELP!

TB4troubleshooting.png

DHaemer

Cadet

You are awesome! I will try it all out tomorrow morning. Thanks for the quick reply! Hows the rotor come off! just pull?

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

You are awesome! I will try it all out tomorrow morning. Thanks for the quick reply! Hows the rotor come off! just pull?
You may need to break it off. It's secured with red loctite.

DHaemer

Cadet

I couldn't wait. I did the tests and they told me I need a new ignition sensor. Ill
get the cap off and get to that sensor. I hope the marina has one. I wanna go boatin! Thanks for the quick reply. This place is great!