Aussies Show Immigrants & Liberals the Light........

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

It's sad that the leadership of the US can't/won't say this........

Debate in Australia . This is true and can be checked at:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/australia.asp

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia ." "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .. Learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Aussies Show Immigrants & Liberals the Light........

It's sad that the leadership of the US can't/won't say this........

Ayuh,..............

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

YEP....maybe someday we will wake up..if it aint to late already..:mad:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Way to go Australia!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

All one has to do is open their eyes and see where this Muslim resurgence is leading. In the old days Christiania fought the Muslim expansion. Today we are prostrating ourselves before their hordes. Europe has basically laid down their swords and said 'come and take us'.

Good on you Mates for gathering up your manhood and stopping this in it's tracks. They are not used to this. They have become accustomed to waltzing down the path of Political Correctness that has been paved for them by whining liberals that are hell bent to break down the western culture.

Coors

Captain

The libs/dems/fellow travelers think the muslims will vote for them. They don't understand that the muslims will turn on them, and us all; using our own laws to do it. Wake up, everybody.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

I always did like Australia.
58.gif

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I always did like Australia.
58.gif

Yeah well, they got this one right, now all they need to do is to give Algore the boot, take back their lightbulbs and kick out the petty beauracrates that are worried about boat trailers being a few millimeters too wide.:p

Oh, and I forgot to mention, demand the return of their God given right to own firearms!

Dunaruna

Admiral

Yeah well, they got this one right, now all they need to do is to give Algore the boot, take back their lightbulbs and kick out the petty beauracrates that are worried about boat trailers being a few millimeters too wide.:p

Oh, and I forgot to mention, demand the return of their God given right to own firearms!

From your perspective, the things you list are beaurocratic restrictions. From my perspective, things are exactly as my elected government promised. My perspective trumps your's. :p

You worry too much, my friend.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

When did God say we could have guns???

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

It's a concept known as "freedom". We all have the right to own anything we want. Oppression is when someone tells you what you can or cannot do, have or think.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

By the way you folks down under are A-OK in almost everyone's books up here. Please send more young, gorgeous, female singing talent north, it's been a little while.

Dunaruna

Admiral

It's a concept known as "freedom". We all have the right to own anything we want. Oppression is when someone tells you what you can or cannot do, have or think.

You don't have the right to own ANYTHING you want, you're told that you cannot exceed a certain speed on the roads, you cannot exceed a certain blood alcohol limit, you cannot drive on the lefthand side of the road, you cannot own a rabid wolf, you cannot plot a terroist attack, you cannot set fire to something you don't own......................................................................

Where is the line drawn and who draws it?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Those are restrictions of freedom. Any and all laws by definition are restrictions of freedom. Sometimes due to peoples inherent irresponsibilty laws are required to ensure others freedoms, like the freedom of others to live (life) regarding in the blood alcohol levels as they pertain to driving.

Not all laws are bad, many are necessary. But make no mistake, laws are a mechanism to restrict freedom. Some people just are not responsible enough to handle it, hence laws.

My comment was in regards to Gods "permission" for us to own guns. God gave us permission by birth, man removes this freedom with laws. Laws are oppressive by design, but not necessarily inherently bad. In our country the right to bear arms is guaranteed. There are some who would like to see this removed, there is a process for this, but most in this crowd are not interested in the "Laws" for changing our laws. Therein lies the problem.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Where is the line drawn and who draws it?

The line should be drawn where the majority accept it.........

The people who draw it should be the majority..........

just wish that was true :mad:

PW2

Commander

Yep, let's get rid of that pesky Bill of Rights. It's outdated and just gets in the way.

We have plenty of self-appointed lynch mob leaders all over the world. We don't need our elected leaders to join them.

We have laws, passed by the legislature, confirmed as constitutional by the courts. If the lawful immigrants of any country, or anyone else, don't follow the laws, they should face the consequences.

Once you start attempting to control the thoughts of the populace, you start down an extremely slippery slope. Who gets to decide what thoughts are acceptable and which aren't? And under what criteria?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Yep, let's get rid of that pesky Bill of Rights. It's outdated and just gets in the way.

We have plenty of self-appointed lynch mob leaders all over the world. We don't need our elected leaders to join them.

We have laws, passed by the legislature, confirmed as constitutional by the courts. If the lawful immigrants of any country, or anyone else, don't follow the laws, they should face the consequences.

Once you start attempting to control the thoughts of the populace, you start down an extremely slippery slope. Who gets to decide what thoughts are acceptable and which aren't? And under what criteria?

Not entirely clear on what you mean by this all, PW. Does it mean we will still have to let Muslims get drivers licences with their face picture covered by burkas? Does it mean that we will have to start installing toilets facing away from Mecca?

I can see it now, American Courts uphold the legislated law (The AMTA) that all public toilets face west. :rolleyes: