New Hurricane Owner SD 2100

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class
Took delivery of a 2010 SD 2100 about 6 weeks ago. We've had the boat out about 6 or 7 times. Loving it so far. Just found this forum. Look forward to learning more from other Hurricane owners.
893664614_f4gkH-L.jpg

larsda

Recruit
Re: New Hurricane Owner SD 2100

I just ordered mine 2100 this week. I am expecting delivery in early August. Yours looks great. What engine did you get?

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just ordered mine 2100 this week. I am expecting delivery in early August. Yours looks great. What engine did you get?

Larsda, congratulations on your in-coming 2100. We are enjoying ours so far. We did get the Yamaha F150 as already mentioned, and I think it is a good match for the boat so far...........around 40 mph at WOT and I don't have it completely broken in yet.

Our only real complaint with the boat has been the placement of the stereo system. We got the Sony system and it is located below the throttle almost at the drivers feet. It is hard to get to, since you have to crawl under the drivers legs to change volume, stations, etc.. We found out that the stereo is supposed to come with a remote control, but that Hurricane had not been including them with the boats??? Anyhow we got a remote for free from the dealer that sells them to Hurricane, and we let the people at Hurricane know that the remotes were not being included with the boats (we confirmed this at several dealerships). Anyhow if you got the Sony system and do not get a remote let me know and I can give you some info for how to get one.

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Larsda, congratulations on your in-coming 2100. We are enjoying ours so far. We did get the Yamaha F150 as already mentioned, and I think it is a good match for the boat so far...........around 40 mph at WOT and I don't have it completely broken in yet.

Our only real complaint with the boat has been the placement of the stereo system. We got the Sony system and it is located below the throttle almost at the drivers feet. It is hard to get to, since you have to crawl under the drivers legs to change volume, stations, etc.. We found out that the stereo is supposed to come with a remote control, but that Hurricane had not been including them with the boats??? Anyhow we got a remote for free from the dealer that sells them to Hurricane, and we let the people at Hurricane know that the remotes were not being included with the boats (we confirmed this at several dealerships). Anyhow if you got the Sony system and do not get a remote let me know and I can give you some info for how to get one.

Ernest

I have the same complaint with my Sony... They located it very low at the helm and is ackward to see.

Can you post the details so others can follow up. I think there are 4 or 5 of us who've purchased 2010 Hurricanes on this forum so far.

...Nelson

larsda

Recruit

Thanks for the tip Ernest. I did not get the Sony, just stuck with the Jensen standard. That is good to hear re the 150. I considered a 200 but it was going to cost 5k more. It just did not seem worth it. I will let you know when my boat arrives. It is technically supposed to be a 2011 model.

samagy16

Petty Officer 2nd Class

larsda,

I will share some info with you about my Hurricane just in case any of it applies to you when you receive delivery of your new boat.

I have owned my Hurricane for 4 years now (bought in Jun of 2006) and it is a 2003 SD260.

Now a little history on my boat. The previous owner who I bought it from was also the original owner, and he bought this specific boat in the Miami Boat Show on Feb 17, 2002 (I have the purchase contract in my possession) to be delivered to him later on that fall as a 2003 model as the SD 260 was officially introduced as part of the 2003 model year lineup. My guess is that they either had an actual model boat for the show that weekend in 02' or he may have fallen in love with a brochure and decided that is the model he wanted (just pure speculation on my part not from his mouth) the problem in all of this is the following..........

He seems to have taken delivery of the boat late in 02' and the dual outboard Yamahas, and the boat itself (Hull Id #) were 2002 models. For the Yamahas it is easy to understand that they may have equipped the boat with them just as easily as they could have been 03' or 1995 as it is something that is added depending on what kind of HP you choose and although they should have been 03' they are 02'. The real problem is that Godfrey assigned the boat with an 02' Hull Id # number and based on the fact that that model (SD 260) was born as an 03 model year, VOILA, we have a problem.

Fast forward to Jun of 2006.................

This beautiful SD 260 fell on my lap at the exact time I was shopping for either a new SD 237 or a new SD 260 but could not really justify paying in excess of 55k for my first boat, but as luck would have it this one fell in my lap 15 minutes from my house :D only 3 years old, with only 60 hours and I would save lots of $$ by someone else taking the depreciation on it :eek: while I now reap the real benefits. I proceeded to take the necessary steps for financing through my institution but guess what? The bank can't lend $$ on a boat that does not exist.

What happened is that based on all of the official info on the boat (Hull Id, and Yammie yrs) and the model of the boat (2003) it kept coming up as if that boat did not exist. It took me a few weeks and a few phone calls with my plea to Godfrey (they were great BTW) and their lawyers wrote up a document for me stating the exact origin of the boat, purchaser info, date and so forth and stating that although the boat itself had been assigned an 02' Hull Id # that the boat in fact was a 2003 model year and it should be classified as such for financing and future history. With this info the lending institution adjusted their info and was able to provide a loan for a 2003 Hurricane SD260 with dual Yammies.

Just thought I should share this with you so that you are equipped with a bit more info for when you receive delivery of you Hurricane.

BTW, I have been happy boating ever since and I absolutely love the decision I made to get a Hurricane and save $$ in the process :D, as I really got a steal with this model at the price that I paid for only 3 years old.

Good luck to you.

larsda

Recruit

Thanks for the info Sam. I just missed on a left over 2400 I/O the day I visited the dealership. It is a little bigger than I wanted to go but the price was great. But, I am really looking forward to the 2100. I am on Big Sand Lake in Orlando. A 21 footer should be about perfect.

samagy16

Petty Officer 2nd Class

larsda,

Can you offer a little info on Sand Lake, I suppose I can look it up for myself but I am sure I will not get all of the info from just reading as I would from someone who actually navigates it.

How big is it?
Launches? Access? How many?
Very crowded?
Any Sandbars?
What do people generally do when they boat on lakes? Pardon my ignorance as I only boat in Saltwater and the possibilities are endless.
Any places that I would be able to stay in that would not have a problem with a boat trailer that happens to have a boat on it? :)

I live in Miami and suppose that Orlando would not be out of the question for me as it is only a 3 1/2 drive without the trailer in tow. I go to Orlando enough as it is, there seems to be a place called Disney World that my daughter is fond of and it wouldn't be a bad idea one day to make it out there with the boat in tow.:D

Thanks for any info you can provide.