New England Get Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New England Get Together

Guys i looks like you are getting it together. take lots of pictures. then get them posted. also say them to use in years to come. i hope it is successful, and everyone has a great time. TD.

surge006

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So what are everybody plans on 1st estimated date to uncover there boat and drop it in the water for the 1st time this year ?

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Late replying in here...

My father currently belongs to a boat club on the River (directly accross from Harbor Park for those who know the area) in Portland. Once my boat is up and running I will be keeping it there, but that might not be this boating season. If thats the case, I will have to trailer the boat down to Saybrook, or drop it in up river and drive down.

Cookout works for me. Camping would be fun too, although after all the work planned for the cabin, I can see staying in the boat. :D

I would bring any food/drink and probably some other people along.

pduquette

Ensign

Surge006 - I'm rebuilding my carbs - as soon as I gitr'done I'll make my run !!

pduquette

Ensign

GRRR!! darn laptop ! Also put in thrs/ fri vacat to enjoy + prep for the weekend . Good time to start squirel some money away !

T.D. / Mods - Can this thread be made a sticky ?? peter

zach103

Commander

So what are everybody plans on 1st estimated date to uncover there boat and drop it in the water for the 1st time this year ?

Who knows lol.. all the ice just melted last week so were starting spring cleanups soon.. im working on rebuilding my old walkbehind right now than its time to take out all the equipment and get it ready.. than it will be time to take the boat out and fix the things i want.. i wanna do some storage under the bench than tune up the engine new sparks new spark wires. bunch of stuff

tlynch99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I as well have some work to finish before I'll be able to take my first run. I need to finish replacing my transom, which was in Ok shape, but I want to do more water sports this season, and wanted a transom I new was in perfect shape.

I also have some new gauges, and need to install them / redesign my dash board.

Luckily I have a small lake nearby to make some initial small runs before taking the boat on a longer trip.... Having a 1977 motor, last year on the first run of the year I learned, the hard way, I needed a new starter, so now I take the boat on a few small cruises to iron out any issues that may have surfaced from the winter storage.

Some people say that on the CT river around hartford, there can be a lot of floating debris in the early spring, I have seen some logs etc floating, so it will probably be at least the end of may before I get on the river. But who knows.

TL

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Yes the River has been known to have debris floating in the spring/early summer months.

As far as what I have left to do...

um...

My list is fairly long. I just wish I had 4 of me, to get all the labor work done.

zach103

Commander

Yes the River has been known to have debris floating in the spring/early summer months.

As far as what I have left to do...

um...

My list is fairly long. I just wish I had 4 of me, to get all the labor work done.

daaa well get it done

Ok guys my girlfriend wants to know how many kiddos are going.. she found some boat shaped cookie cutters and wants to make boat sugar cookies for the kids.

riptide09

Petty Officer 1st Class

Everyone say it with your best Homer voice....."MMMMMM BEER !!" Sounds great riptide09 !! peter

I have some Brown Ale and Oktoberfest style Ale stocked up.

I brewed a batch of Belgium style Summer Ale in January and bottled it in February. It is wheat based however it is not a true hefeweizen because it also hse some Pilsner malts. I cracked some open last night cause it figured it was about ready. It was really good and I mean really good. I think it will be an excellent choice for a nice summer day.

I am going to tuck away at least 2 or 3 six packs to bring with me.

I have a Kristal Weizen in primary fermentation right now. This is also a wheat based brew that has some Vienna and Munich grains also. This will be ready before the gathering and I will bring some of it.

- Dave

tlynch99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dave,

Sounds good about the home brews... I have been a very big fan of craft beer for sometime, but haven't taken that first step of brewing at home. Maybe I will after talking to you.....

Can't wait for the weather to warm up and get on the water...

TL

zach103

Commander

i saw someone on the river sunday up in hartford... but the rivers so high right now its kind of dangerous.. i know by one of the power plants theres a brick wall in the water and now you cant see it anymore..

pduquette

Ensign

got my carbs back on < what a mess > and keeping the projects going . I've always perfered homemade stuff to over processed dung . Looking forward to the gtg !
Any room for toys there ?? tubes / skis etc ???

tlynch99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Zach,

I think I know where you are talking about, at the power plant and the brick wall.... there are a couple of places I have put in before, when the river was at normal levels, with strange obstacles, but now it is so high I seems like it would be a total disaster to boat anywhere near those places.....

On another note, I was down near hamburg cove on business the other day, and I took a few minutes to drive around the cove, to check some things out.... or at least see the cove from the car, with the water so high. I think it will be a great place to have our gtg....

Peter, good to hear your carb rebuild is going well, I just took my transom apart, as it was the only part of my boat that I didn't replace during my initial restore... Good thing, because this year I want to do more water sports type stuff, tubing / skiing etc...

As far as the cove, for water sports I think it's too tight, but if you leave the cove and head up river, I think there are some very nice places to ski / tube. Especially If you like to just drive in a strait line vs round and round in circles...

Black Snow Slide

Petty Officer 1st Class

My " To Do" list on my boat is 4 pages long. I have completed about 2/3 of the list. All the big items that take a bunch of time are done. I am going to work on her most of the day today and should be 3/4 by days end. I am going south for 10 days so I am looking at shake down cruise 2-3 week of April.

I have 2 kids that will be going to the GTG. One is 8 the other is 11. Pleas add them to the cookie count. I am fired up about this season. I have 3 big trips all planned and reservations set. BassAcwards Saturday is a go. This little GTG on the Conn river is going to be fun. 4 weekend trips to the Vineyard are a go. Most of my days off that I am wanting to boat I am lineing up people and filling the callender.

Time for me to hit the gym, onto West Marine for a few little things, then to the boat. Heated Gaurages are nice(Thank Mark)

vwfoolwhy

Seaman

I'm down for the 1st of AUG.

is their a lead on good family (trailer on vehicle friendly) lodging in the area.

It's best if i make an over night of it but we'll see.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Getting rid of my boat now, due to not wanting to redo the stringers. So long as it gets parted out and I find the boat I have heart set on, I will be there...

:D

Black Snow Slide

Petty Officer 1st Class

On March 29th, I am 100% ready to go in the water. I had 5 pages of a legal pad of things "to do". All the maintenance, repairs(2), upgrades, and all the little stuff is done. The joys of a heated garage. Now I need a shakedown cruise. Easiest upgrade or fix? New head with the twist and lock. Most pain in the but award has to go to my kodiak disk brakes with the casting defect so you cant get behind the race to tap it out.

I don't want to hijack the thread, I just had to tell someone and my N.E. friends who I haven't meet yet seemed like a great place to start. :cool:

riptide09

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am looking forward to this. Planning on heading out tomorrow for the first voyage of the season.

Over the last few weeks I replaced my power trim motor, speedometer tube, bad tachometer, missing windshield supports. A couple of my seats were moving around so I took them apart and replaced a few stripped out bolts/nuts and greased them up.

Still a bunch of little stuff to do but she is ready to go.

My trailer is a different story. Need to inspect and lube wheel bearings. I got a spare tire finally but I need to get a mount and install it.

surge006

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'll just keep it simple, mines a mess but im gonna work on it sat after i get out of work and then sunday before and after i eat then gonna test it on mon so ill let ya know how it goes then

Status
Not open for further replies.