The R?surrection of the SeaGem

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander
Re: The R?surrection of the SeaGem

Great looking engine Kenny...

I'm getting worried, flattered{lol}, but definitely getting worried :D

Make one Bill, and your sure to due a better job and have the secure feeling of knowing the levels right!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Great looking engine Kenny...
I always liked the ford blue or chevy orange blocks..made finding them oil leaks easy..lol
Dont have any magic pills for your dipstick problem...
No wrecking yards around you that you could scavange a 327 stick off of?
Sad day when a 327 SB is hard to find..I had one in my 66 Chevelle;)

Thanks Harry, LOL
66 Chevelle Nice, I had one in a 67 Camaro, my 69 Chevelle had a 396 Man how I miss those days :(

I can get tons of automotive just not marine, I do have the dipstick from the 305 I took out but the tube was rotted in half. I might just take measurements of a standard drivers side dipstick and make my own tube to match the 305 stick. I can braze one together where no one would ever know just seems like a hassle

I don't need the hose connection on top, there is no worries about changing the oil because I re-tapped the pan with a 3/8 pipe tap & installed a brass flair and have 24" x 1/2" aeroquip hydraulic line to suck the oil out of :D.

I almost painted her chevy orange, to me the black just don't cut it, to bland. I had a 355 in a huger orange 70 nova RS/SS and it was ford blue :D just goes to show great minds think alike. I am actually thinking of pin striping the engine with orange or something to give it a little color, the only thing I painted it using Eastwood ceramic engine coating and the added the catalyst. Typically you have to sand if its over 24hrs or it won't stick

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Kenny,

I think thats what I might be doing when I get home from work tomorrow. As far as oil level I never leave it to chance I fill the pan and notch the stick :D If I measure right the stick should be right.
I have a chevy auto tube I can canabilize (spelling???) , cut it in half stretch and bend the sucker to fit

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Tell ya...
I dont know what my problem is..other than I just came off of a 10 day sales trip to the west coast..

Maybe it's because the both of you have the 2 most interesting threads going as far as I can tell..and i obviously have a hard time telling you masters of restorations apart!

now which one has the huge mitts..and who did I give the rolling floor jack tip to for the trailer?? lol

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Ohhh, your good Kev...real good.....all is forgiven ;)

Hey Bill, I've been marking my own since I could drive...thanks to dear old dad.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Tell ya...
I dont know what my problem is..other than I just came off of a 10 day sales trip to the west coast..

Maybe it's because the both of you have the 2 most interesting threads going as far as I can tell..and i obviously have a hard time telling you masters of restorations apart!

now which one has the huge mitts..and who did I give the rolling floor jack tip to for the trailer?? lol

Hey Kenny,
Before I forget, have you heard from rick(airmedic) lately, I haven't seen him around lately?

ROFLMAO, Im flattered, but I am far from a master at least not the kind you mean LOL we'll leave that title to Oops :D
I"m the guy with the Mitts Kenny is the rolling floor jack guy

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Kenny,
Before I forget, have you heard from rick(airmedic) lately, I haven't seen him around lately?

Is that this Kenny or that other guy{Kev} who talks to him more than I have...lol
either or, no I haven't...hope all is well at his homestead.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Is that this Kenny or that other guy{Kev} who talks to him more than I have...lol
either or, no I haven't...hope all is well at his homestead.

I think your the only Kenny on this thread, I Think Kevin (cheepboat) used to chat with him on MSN messenger I used to too the whole Star Craft clan, then I formatted my HD and didn't reinstall MSN. I know Jeremy and Vegas also used to chat I forget who else, its been awhile

Bill

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I have not chatted with him in a while. He's on MSN chat often though. He is usually marked offline but if you message him...he often responds.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

HVAC,
Don't you have any marine salvage yards around your area?
We have a couple here in western,TN.
That motor really looks sweet. Should move you along nicely.
Bob

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey EZ, I don't even remember my name on MSN LOL, Rick had invited me into the circle way back when so I had signed up for the msn chat. If you talk to him tell him I said Hi, I lost his private e-mail address when my puter crashed. I still chat with Paul all the time through facebook & phone but thats about it.

Hey Bob - Thanks notice I went with the stock manifold ;) playing it safe

There is a few yards around, I was hoping to get new. The junk yard thing is usually a hassle and just as expensive as new here.
I have my sweging tool, steel line and silver brazing wire I use on A/C compressors and receivers.I look at it this way, if it can handle 250# head pressure a dipstick tube should be a walk in the park.

Sad part about it is all this agonizing over it, I could have made one already in like 15 min :redface:

Edit - I am thinking of changing the valve covers to the chevy bow tie lettered ones to give a little color, Maybe letter the closed cooling heat exchanger " The Billy Bob Special" in orange :D and pin stripe the pullys Hehehe. All this work I hate it looking plain

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Bill,
Nothing wrong with playing it safe. Especially when your family members are involved.
I tend to do the same thing sometimes, I should just do it and get it over with and quit agonizing about it.
Take care and have fun.
Bob

sprintst

Commander

Sweet engine work. You've got a race engine lurking under that manifold.

I fixed my tow/haul mode on the Yukon with waterproof solder butt connectors. The wires were like 24 guage and hard to get at. Much better now as it changes the shift points. As close as I'm going to get to a race motor.

We couldn't shoe horn a 502 in there could we :)

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Bob,
Yep, I think its time for me to just get it over with its only a dipstick tube, not like I am going to carve a new crank out of wood :eek: lol.

Hey Sprint,
24ga, yuck I hate working with wires that lite and if it was ribbon cable it just makes it worse.

A 502 1000hp :eek: Hummmm, with the extra weight I might not have had to fix my trim tabs, instant chine-walker / Cruiser LOL

sprintst

Commander

Yeah... With those mits anything to do with small wires and gynecologist might be two occupations that are out of the question :)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Yeah... With those mits small wires and gynecologist might be two occupations that are out of the question :)

Oh CRIMINEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd add PROCTOLOGIST to that list
You may feel a little discomfort....ROFLMAO

sprintst

Commander

I make myself laugh sometimes too. The oh criminey was worth the effort.

sprintst

Commander

Where'd you go man. Hope I didn't pi** you off with the mits comment.

I don't need a punch in the mouth with those things :)

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Where'd you go man. Hope I didn't pi** you off with the mits comment.

I don't need a punch in the mouth with those things :)

LOL Just been busy during the day & real tired at night. I haven't spent much time on the computer. I offered to help my brother and upgrade his electric service to 200 amps. Well I found a rats nest of wires, open grounds, some wouldn't reach the new 40x40 box etc... spent 3 days fixing and re-wiring.
On top of that its been baseball, Cub Scouts and homework with Liam.
Needless to say nothing has gotten done on the boat this week today I have to wait for the inspector, tomorrow I have to climb a tree and cut some branches so the don't interfere with the power co wires.
The engine is ready to go just have to bolt on the accessories. I am hoping I can find some time this weekend to do it.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

MITS???

lol...You didnt see the abuse he took in the Hijack thread over them sledge hammers? lol

From afar mind you.......veeeeery afar