You Know The Saying "trailer is worth what you paid for the boat" **I Disagree**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightgang

Lieutenant
Re: You Know The Saying "trailer is worth what you paid for the boat" **I Disagree**

Re: You Know The Saying "trailer is worth what you paid for the boat" **I Disagree**

UPDATE:

I just had a conference call with the salesman and the owner. Let's just say things didn't well. Lots of testosterone and chest pounding and 30 minutes later we may have a deal worked out. He said he had to make one phone call to someone and he would get back to me today.

I can't get into to many details because I'm using my Blackberry right now and I hate typing on these darn things...

Can't wait to here the rest of this......

indy440

Chief Petty Officer

oh man, you left us all hanging...

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander

OK Im back at a computer.

I called up and the salesman answered the phone As soon as I said who I was you could hear the tone in his voice change. He said that the 250 offer still stands. I asked why in the world he would sell me that trailer and give me a BS story about how solid it was, hook it up to my truck and let me hit the interstate with it. All he said was "How was I supposed to know it was gonna break in half."

Then the owner chimes in, (with a little attitude I might add) He keeps repeating over and over about how good a deal I got and kept using the phrase "You bought it as is." I told him yea I made out great on the boat but you could have killed someone with the trailer. He then told me the whole story about the trailer. "It was under a Mastercraft boat we took in on trade from Ohio. The owner before he traded it in used it in saltwater for a while and the trailer got rusty. We used it as a shop trailer for a while and then put it under the Sea Ray because we knew we could sell a boat and trailer easier than just a boat." I said that's great, but why didn't you tell me that in the first place? You could have avoided all of this by saying We got the trailer in on a trade and don't know nothing about it. Tow it at your own risk. No answer. I then asked about the inspection that was done. He said all thats required for the inspection is that the brakes and lights work. And I have to admit they all did.

In the end, He said I have to think about this. I have to make a phone call and I will get back to you today.

All and all it wasn't that bad. I thought it was nice to have them both on the phone because there was no he said she said. Some of the things I told him he had no idea happened and you could hear him asking the salesman "Did you do or say that?" And the salesman would say "Ya but what I really meant was____".

Once again I am patiently awaiting a phone call, but no matter what happens this ends today. I think this thread is long enough...

Knightgang

Lieutenant

Do you have any idea what he is thinking of doing to make this right? What does he have to make the phone call about, do you know??????/

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Do you have any idea what he is thinking of doing to make this right? What does he have to make the phone call about, do you know??????/

horse.gif

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander

I settled for the 250, but now this mysterious phone call has to be made before he settles up...

jeeperman

Lieutenant Commander

I will wager that he is going to call his lawyer for advice.
And his lawyer will tell him to not offer any rebate at all as that would be an admission that they know they did wrong.
But he might offer to give you the $1000 back if you want to bring the boat and trailer back in to them.
And as soon as you leave the parking lot, the trailer will be chopped and taken to the scrapyard.

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

CLASSIC!!!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This horse is beaten to death, decayed and fossilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.