You Know The Saying "trailer is worth what you paid for the boat" **I Disagree**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander
Re: You Know The Saying "trailer is worth what you paid for the boat" **I Disagree**

Re: You Know The Saying "trailer is worth what you paid for the boat" **I Disagree**

tell them you want to pick the check up in person.

That would be great if someone was there. No one is answering the phone since Monday. I mean no one. All I keep getting is the answering machine, and I have called from different numbers so they are not monitoring the number. Usually when I would call I would get the receptionist, but now nothing. I have no idea why they have been closed all week. Heck maybe they are not ducking me at all. Maybe something happened. Death in the family maybe, who knows.

Bucks45

Petty Officer 1st Class

This may sound silly, but we get this call all the time. Call their local police department, apologize for bugging them, and tell them you're out of town and have been trying to get in touch with this business. Believe me, they will be able to tell you if the business is open or not.

204 Escape

Ensign

Is the weather bad in your area, and maybe they are snowed in ?? ;)

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander

This may sound silly, but we get this call all the time. Call their local police department, apologize for bugging them, and tell them you're out of town and have been trying to get in touch with this business. Believe me, they will be able to tell you if the business is open or not.

I think that is a bit extreme. If he owed me alot of money maybe, but not for this. I have waited this long whats another couple of days.

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander

Is the weather bad in your area, and maybe they are snowed in ?? ;)

No snow, but really cold...

Knightgang

Lieutenant

I have waited this long whats another couple of days.

Another few days of them getting getting the story straight as to why you got a junk trailer and that the trailer the boat was on was worse... and then dump the old trailer if they even still have it...

reelfishin

Captain

A few of the dealers I've dealt with over the years tend to take this week as a company vacation week. I think the feeling is that any holiday business is over and it's most likely the least busy part of the season since it's so cold.

But on the other hand, some of the dealers I've dealt with over the years didn't survive this past year.

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander

Another few days of them getting getting the story straight as to why you got a junk trailer and that the trailer the boat was on was worse... and then dump the old trailer if they even still have it...

They are closed!!!

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

WOW ! Still going on? :eek: This thing has taken on a lot of issues and is still breathing, Alphie are you going to be able post on here when you get this thing in a straight line or will you need to start another piece of paper.:D
I'd sure like to read how it all turns out but school starts Monday and I get little free time with all the homework. Best of luck Alphie, I'll check back in a few days.

gypsysoul

Petty Officer 2nd Class

:cool: Since this has turned into a epic novel, I want to chime in. I have been a ase certified mechanic for over 20 years. I worked at a dealer in the midwest for a time, that required all of our used vehicles to be "inspected" it was not state mandated, just a dealer courtesy. I saw many mechanics that did not take this job very serious. and it came back to bite them in the tail! I saw a mechanic discharged over a 500.00 dollar gremlin (anybody old enough to remember them?). the customer came back two days after it sold with the front brakes metal to metal. this was a single working mom with two kids. You better believe the dealership bent over backward to take care of her, loaner car and all repairs to her car. but the moral of the story is the mechanic did not do what was on the paper work and the dealership was responsible for that because he was in there employment. And yes he lost his job as he should have. It could have been worse had there been a accident, that is when lawyers would have been involved. But there was no accident and the dealership ponied up did what was right. so if there is a document that states somebody "inspected" that trailer that somebody is not doing there job. and the final word is the dealership is responsible for that person.

I hope everything turns out ok and enjoy the boat.

reelfishin

Captain

They are closed!!!

Closed as in out of business or just closed for a while?

If they are gone for good, then it makes sense now why they kept leading you on and putting you off. They were just waiting for the end of the year when they knew they would be gone. If that's he case, I wonder who else is in the same situation? Maybe they made a habit of this? Maybe they dumped a lot of boats this way in the end just to raise cash that the bank can't get hold of?

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer

closed ??? for good?? wow!

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

They still have email i'm sure.Probably just closed for the week.

Anyway,If it were me i would just settle for the 250...take my lumps and move on.
You still got a great deal on the boat.
Find a good trailer for 500 or so and you still have a great deal there.;)

Best of luck either way Alpheus!:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Find a good trailer for 500 or so and you still have a great deal there.;)

Some of the best deals on trailers are often ones with rotted out glass hulls still sittin' on em ;)

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Some of the best deals on trailers are often ones with rotted out glass hulls still sittin' on em ;)

Very true...I got a guy down the road with a rotted old boat on a nice trailer,
Galvanized C channel with new rubber,Trailer is in great shape.
I talked to him the other day and he wants to junk the boat and sell the trailer.
It is setup with a 17 footer on it so i doubt it would fit Alpheus's new boat.

Trailer deals are out there...just have to search a little.

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander

I don't think they are closed for good. When I was in there they were remodeling the whole shop, so I don't think they were in trouble of going out of business. The salesman even told me that this economy has hardly effected their sales. They will be back.

As for the trailers yes the deals are out there. I'm going to look at an aluminum trailer today I found on CL for 250 bucks, and yes it comes with a "free boat". Before I buy it I will first give that trailer the most thorough inspection that a trailer has ever had so it doesn't break in half on me, then if I but it I will take it to the local boat salvage yard and sell them the boat or just give it to them.

jeeperman

Lieutenant Commander

There could also be something wrong with their phones.
i.e. no power due to remodelers turning off the breaker that the phones system is on.
or the phone line is down some where.
Both would give a caller a ring with no one answering.

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander

UPDATE:

I just had a conference call with the salesman and the owner. Let's just say things didn't well. Lots of testosterone and chest pounding and 30 minutes later we may have a deal worked out. He said he had to make one phone call to someone and he would get back to me today.

I can't get into to many details because I'm using my Blackberry right now and I hate typing on these darn things...

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

As for the trailers yes the deals are out there. I'm going to look at an aluminum trailer today I found on CL for 250 bucks ...

Uh oh, here comes another thread!!!

Good luck.

j_martin

Admiral

I have a favorite auto dealer where I buy the inexpensive cars I drive. The only one that had a bad engine in it was obvious, and I bought it cheap and put a fresh engine in it.

He always does a dog and pony show to explain to me what "as is" means.

"This car is being sold to you as is. If you drive it down the road and it breaks in half, you own both halves."

That said, one I bought fried an alternater in a week. He ran it into his shop and replaced it. Cheap advertizing. I send all my friends there.

In other words, you ask for a settlement and take what you get. I think you poisoned the well with your "counter offer."

just my 02
John

Status
Not open for further replies.