Is this for real on unemployment

cgd7777777

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Is this for real on unemployment

recession??? HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE PARKING LOTS OF STORES?

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Here's a quick true story for you..

Where my wife works, everyone is getting laid off in a few months (buyout and closure scenario). The people there are regularly asking out loud "How will I pay for the Christmas presents I have to buy?".

It is almost like stupid is the newest game, like poker, and the USA is the no limits table.

ziggy

Admiral

HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE PARKING LOTS OF STORES?
yep, they are full (the big box stores). Americans out doing what they do best, using plastic to buy chineeze goods... local support for your favorite non American regime... :rolleyes::mad:

waterinthefuel

Commander

A recession is when your neighbor loses their job. A depression is when you lose yours.

skargo

Banned

Yep, just left the Toys R Us and there must have been 250 idiots waiting in line for the stupid POS Zhu ZHu pet hamsters. I just laughed. They were having a Lego buy one get one half off, I was looking for the coal mine set for my nephew, no dice.

Parking lots are full, traffic is horrible, and it's snowing like hell. I know they said MD wasn't effected nearly as bad as some parts of the country recession wise, but this is just nuts. All restaurants have a line every weekend, the stores and malls are always full, and young kids are still driving brand new cars.

angus63

Captain

I am concerned about the mindset that contributed to the current economic downturn that I feel will cause a delayed recovery. Decades ago when the economy was waning and jobs declining (1982 for example), families buckled down, picked up work as they could, and limited spending to essentials like food and rent until reestablishing their means. Currently, even though jobs are tenuous and there are 7 candidates for every open job, I see,hear, and read regularly about families continuing to over extend their finances, mortgage their homes to the max, max out credit cards, and continue to live beyond their means.

People facing unemployment under this current economy should not be concerned with purchasing and paying for Xmas gifts. Squirreling and seeking employment should be the priority!

I wish the best for all iboats forum members during these difficult times.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

I am concerned about the mindset that contributed to the current economic downturn that I feel will cause a delayed recovery.

Albert Einstein once said a very similar phrase, "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."

Nearly all vocal Americans have trained themselves to believe life is more than simply living. Even when their own choices bunkrupt them, those same people will cling, by ego alone, to any means to perpetuate their delusion. Credit is currently America's means. Unfortunately, the democracy many people cling to requires the minority to pay for the misdeeds of the majority. "For the betterment of all" is only a tagline, not a rule. Next time you pass by a homeless person and snicker, consider they are many times more likely to be wealthier than you.

angus63

Captain

Albert Einstein once said a very similar phrase, "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."

Nearly all vocal Americans have trained themselves to believe life is more than simply living. Even when their own choices bunkrupt them, those same people will cling, by ego alone, to any means to perpetuate their delusion. Credit is currently America's means. Unfortunately, the democracy many people cling to requires the minority to pay for the misdeeds of the majority. "For the betterment of all" is only a tagline, not a rule. Next time you pass by a homeless person and snicker, consider they are many times more likely to be wealthier than you.

Al stole it from me!!!;):D

superwooter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well if that map is right, it looks like we all need to pack up and move to south dakota. what kind of jobs do they have there that seem to prevent people from losing them?

WIMUSKY

Staff member

well if that map is right, it looks like we all need to pack up and move to south dakota. what kind of jobs do they have there that seem to prevent people from losing them?

Actually, it was just on the news, national I think, about Bismark ND. Sounds like they're looking for people to hire. Had a story about a family who packed up and moved from Utah. Sounds like there's all kinds of jobs available. Including professional ones, IT etc..... Now that I think about it, I believe the story was on CBS's Sunday Morning.......

gstanton

Chief Petty Officer

I'm not sure what the point is? What are the solutions anyone has to offer.

Should also point out that the fall (if you believe the "map") started during the previous administrations term.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I'm not sure what the point is? What are the solutions anyone has to offer.

Should also point out that the fall (if you believe the "map") started during the previous administrations term.

Speaking of "not sure what the point is". It doesn't matter if it started during the previous administration. It's the current adminstrations problem now. We can look back all we want, but it wont help our current issues. We need to stop looking backward and start looking forward.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

When you concentrate solely on the future, take note of the reflection; It is your past approaching.