78 Starcraft, V5-22, What do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 78 Starcraft, V5-22, What do I have?

I do like working with aluminum. I got most of the old wood transom out of the boat and now I need to widdle away ant the 2 pieces left below the floor in the bilge area of all places! They must of treated that portion of the wood and blew off the rest. . .:mad:

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

I recieved my Center Console Today!

Console and nose.bmp1.jpg

It figures that it is 12 degrees outside!

5 speed

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

That is Sweet looking. Put on some warm clothes.... I mean I'm just saying.:D

Huron Angler

Admiral

That console is bad*#& good choice:D

It's 11 degrees here:p

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That thing is gorgeous!

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks all! I am going to pre wire the new Starcraft instruments so all I have to do is lay them out and bore the holes in the panel. I can pre install the throttle and ignition switches too... I can't wait for it to warm up so I can put it in!! BTW... 9 today, wind chill. . . ain't gonna happen! :eek:

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Woo Hoo! Back to 60 degrees today! I am continuing to tear out the transom plywood. I took up the soggy 2 foot X 4 foot pieces of floor plywood on either side of the engine bay to get the foam out, and get to the plywood transom under the floor. What a mess! The lower pieces of foam are water logged on both sides. The other two upper pieces are in nice shape. I haven't decided if I am going back in with the foam or not. I don't have to because I am 22 foot long. I plan on insuring the boat so if it were to get a huge hole in it that my 1000 GPH bilge pump couldn't handle and it sank... I'll be covered financially. Once I get all the rotted transom wood out I'll be ordering the aluminum to make it better than new. The floor is 24" on either side so I'll be ordering the flooring as well. The weather is supposed to be nice this week so I'll see what I can accomplish before the next cold front hits.
floortransomright.jpg

floortransom.jpg

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

The 1.5" square box x .125 aluminum is ordered... 140.00 I got my new boat cover yesterday and will be installing tonight after work!! Paint and Gluvit to be ordered this week. Aluminum chanel powder coated flooring to be ordered next week!! I hope the weather stays where it is at 65 degrees !!

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

I installed the cover and sure enough we had a huge storm come through and drop 5 inches of rain overnight! I did a boo boo and didn't have a great enough angle on the boat to drain off the water and the new cover became a swiming pool liner! After bailing water for an hour... I decided to reinstall the cover with another support in the bow until I get the new center console in it. I then raised the bow about 2 more feet to get a radical positive drain for the cover. As I did this I noticed water coming out of the plug hole evidently from the last weeks rain without the cover on. I then noticed a very large leak from the inside out at a seam on the last foot of the lower left hull in the back about 24 inches from the plug! it was draining out of that seam as fast or if not faster than the plug hole! I couldn't believe my eyes!! I will be concentrating on that area with sealant for sure!

I found a very low time, (200 hours), complete Stringer 800 outdrive. It needs a shift cable and housing that I already have and a new water pump impeller. Let's see if I can get it for a reasonable price...

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's on the way! I got the low time complete outdrive in the 1.50:1 ratio and it will be here next week. 1250.00 complete with new water pump impeller and shift assist module. This is a big piece of the rebuild that I have been researching for over a year now.

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Update. . .My 109# low time (200 hour)stringer outdrive will be at the house today!! :D

5 speed

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Update. . .My 109# low time (200 hour)stringer outdrive will be at the house today!! :D

5 speed

So...did you get it, is it in yet, details man details.............................:D

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

So...did you get it, is it in yet, details man details.............................:D

No, I need to put a water pump in it first. He thought he had one but can't find it. It's rained here everyday for the last 2 weeks and snow coming tomorrow!

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

This weather sucks! Well if I can't build it. . . I'll buy it! I ordered 2, 1000 GPH Mayfair bilge pumps today. One has the new electronic water sensing eye for automatic use and the other is going to be for emergency backup or really heavy taking on water. I figure if I can't maintain boyancy with 2000 GPH pump capacity... then I probably need to abandon ship! I ordered my 2 Captain Helms chairs too with 18" pedistals, fore and aft adjustment, and of course 360 deg swivel base. :D

Chairs.jpg

:cool: 5 speed

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Your captain chairs rock!!! Sooper sweet 5speed, well done!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Those seats are SWEET!

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, nice seating...is that the lighting or are they two-toned?

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah, nice seating...is that the lighting or are they two-toned?

Thanks guys, no that is the lighting. I really looked at alot of different chairs and came up with these brand new babies!

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey guys... I'm back on it! I took care of my Dad's final affairs and now it's tim to get back on my restoration!

5 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.