78 Starcraft, V5-22, What do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: 78 Starcraft, V5-22, What do I have?

5speed, glad to hear you are getting back to the project, my condolences to you.

Can't wait to see the rig when she's all done,those V-5 hulls are the best made by starcraft in my opinion.

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

I ordered a gallon of Gluvit and 2 90 degree polished stainless through hull fittings for my 2 1000 GPH bilge pumps today. I also ordered my flooring material so it will be here in 2 weeks or so. I have a new water pump, pitot pick up and line, rubber boot for the tilting of the engine and a lower outdrive seal kit on the way. I also purchased the other ball drive to match the ball drive that came on the low time outdrive so they will be a matched set. I also have a 10X10 instant shade awning coming so I can put in long days but be out of the sun!!

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

I got the first piece of the aluminum reinforcement on the transome repair. It really gave it strength and I look forward to puting the rest of the structure in there. I do believe it's going to be super strong as compared to what was there.

Transom repair1.jpg

5 speed

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Condolences 5 Speed, glad to see your back here & at it. Got some gluvit fun on my agenda today as well...after cleaning the inside that is. Enjoy that sun while you can!

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

My floor order is complete and will be here monday from the Yellow Freight. I've been taking apart the outdrive and resealing it with a new water pump housing and impeller. I am thinking of changing the gear set while I am in there for taller gears and high end speed :D

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

I got my new Jabsco blower, 2 Graco stainless thru hull fittings, and pitot pickup and line today! Gluvit on the way!

5 speed

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

My wife sez I enjoy seeing the delivery guy more than I do her...I reminded her that he 'Always' brings goodie's....she's now holding hers back :( ....:D

Looking forward to your moving forward again!

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is my new found shade!!

shade.jpg

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

I worked on getting up the old plywood flooring this weekend. The raised fron area was just some wood structure without any boyancy boxes like I had hoped for. I found the fuel tank! I didn't know if it was going to be 2 smaller tanks in the outer bays or one large one. Turnes out it's a single large one... 50 gallons. I also found writen under the rail in permanent marker writing, from the factory I am assuming, "SuperSport, IO, V5" !

Fueltank.jpg

Fueltank1.jpg

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

I ordered all my US Coast Guard approved fuel hoses and lines today. Wow they are pricey :eek:

5 speed

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I ordered all my US Coast Guard approved fuel hoses and lines today. Wow they are pricey :eek:

5 speed

Ya know, I was just thinking about that sort of rigging for my set up...

Give me a heads up - where did you get your stuff? How much?

Cheers!

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

SeaHunter Boats, Inc. I got 5' of 1.5", 5' of 5/8", 2' 3/8" and shipping for 68.42. I found alot more expensive than this guy too!! This is the real deal tho. Not the checker Auto stuff. I believe in doing it right the first time.

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

I got my aluminum flooring today!! Oh yeah :D

5 speed

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Dude, help me out. I can't see it from where I am standing!

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Lol, you will. The only problem that I have now is the Gluvit hasn't shown up yet and I need it first!! Rain This weekend so I'll be back in the dining room working on the outdrive :eek:

5 speed

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Outdrive in the dining room, please don't tell me what that means, I like the visual as it is.:D

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Outdrive in the dining room, please don't tell me what that means, I like the visual as it is.:D

ok I won't!

I ordered what I consider to be a very unique piece of my boat restoration yesterday. As you all can tell through my descriptions. . . I am getting rid of all the wood in my boat. I went fiberglass for my center console and aluminum for the transom and floor. The engine cover is the last of the wood and carpet!! I think what I have come up with to replace that wooden carpeted box is the heart and soul of this resto. It was expensive, but it just makes sence in my mind. I haven't seen this done before but I do see it happening in the future for some other boat owner.

I am trying to get all the pieces and parts to my puzzle here at the house. I am scheduled to have surgery next Tuesday the 11th and I will be off work for 6 weeks! I hope once I feel better, to work on my boat at a leisurely pace and get alot of it completed. I have decide to name her "OB$E$$ION" what do youy think?

5 speed

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

5speed

good name($) nice touch i'm kicking around "barely legal" since it's just over 21 ft and good luck with the surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.