PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

Congrats on the run Paul. That thing looks even sweeter on the water. Hope you have a great summer with it!

Thanks Jeremy...same back at ya!

Hey Vegas,
Congrats on the launch. She sure looks great in the water. Great job by you and the wife. I wish mine would take some interest. but that's another story.
Once again congrats.
Bob

Bob you rock! Im sure your ife enjoys all of YOUR hard work LOL

Great job on the splash down and on the video. Lookin real good :D

Thanks Vert, crack a beer with Bill for me would ya!

Great video, great to see you on the water again.
With the trailer tire going low, its only low when the boat is on it, need to spent more time on lake less on trailer

LOL you're a riot Bill! flippinig funny as heck....I need to give ya a buzz and see how you're doing...chat soon!

Vegas Great Job! The boat looks and sounds awesome...You both did a fantastic job on her. Enjoy...

Thanks Fauxmiester! heck she's kinda quiet...so I did 99% MUSIC on my video....mostly its all WIND NOISE.....so I went with music... :D
-
-
-
-

HEY ILL POST SOME MORE COOL VID ASAP and some PICS.........
busy with WORK
:mad:
-
-

-
-

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Ok now for the UPDATE

the one trailer tire still needs to be changed out

I'm still contemplating adding a bow stop and winch...although after 2 times off/on the trailer...Im finding I don't NEED a winch as of yet...and thats off 2 different ramps....I already got the depth for the trailer bunks etc needed to get the boat on nice ...figured out....so NO HURRY for that

I DO want to add some guide ons.....nothing worse than a gel scratch because it drifted onto the trailer fenders....etc.............

an on a more serious note...

we had to be TOWED IN! last memorial weekend! Monday we went out...all was well...b it of a top end sputter at WOT from ful starvation....did about 30 miles of lake traversing etc....got back near the marina...it was 30mph winds 2 ft swells...but nice out other than that....so we lingered at sunset in the harbor area.....before the tires for the harbor....bout a 1/4 mile away....it was WINDY so we started up a couple times to reposition....

well then the wife wanted some more cruising and galavanting about...so I headed out...it was REALLY wavy....and it sputtered a bit coming up on the throttle....so I turned 180 degrees and headed back (luckily) .....jering around a bit more at the entry to the v shaped harbor area...SHE STALLED...

then wouldn't start! (no gas!) so we checked with our wooden stick gauge ....lots of gas in the tank.....must be a clogged screen on the pickup...so saturday this weekend Im taking the screen I installed out... (Im hoping it IS plugged so Im right LOL) Im going to drill the bottom inch or so of the pickup tube multiple times .....to make sure the one opening doesn't get plugged with particles ( Ive yet to find a small in tank screen locally DOH)

and correct me if Im wrong but Im going to replace the pickup tube 90 degree elbows at the top of my fuel tanks ...that have one way valves in em with regular 90 degere elbows.... I know they stop backflow...but I figure as long as my float needle in the carb aint leaking I should be OK for start stops etc

might have a small issue on overnight engine shut downs with float draining back to tank etc (but shouldn't since it's a new float needle)... plus Im gonna hook up the OTHER tank too....(ofcourse Ill rinse her out and slosh the trailer/boat around and drain siphon it out a couple time so clean what I can...Im avoiding YANKING the tanks you see...

YOUR INPUT on that fix anyone?

sprintst

Commander

I'll see what I get for quote on upholstery next week. If the price is outrageous then I may just head on down south and get it done there.

I can save money and get drunk at the same time. Actually I'm hoping the price would be a wash with the travel, etc but at least I would have enjoyed myself for the same money.

Also just bought a stainless steel head fuel filter water separator and new fuel lines. It's in my thread there towards the bottom. I'm hoping the $70 or so will save me some problems.

Hey HVAC Bill thanks alot for the Chicken dance! hehehe you rock!

and Thanks Fat Fanny (you're the best...it means alot to hear all the nice things from posts on Iboats THANKS!) :)

and Sprint you too...got your PM on the poss Vegas trip in the fall...come out a little earlier and we will share a cocktail on the water!! (its nice and warm till end of september here :p

Ill have to download some pics and upload em to my web for all to see... Thanks again everyone...
ps going out on the lake again monday for a redux on the fun.... making some bbq chicken right now to bring along....sandwiches/salad/chips/watermelon and some booze of course (in moderation)

Happy Memorial day weekend.....

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Sorry to hear you had to get towed :(. I'm not familiar [FONT=&quot][/FONT]with the checks at the fuel tanks but I think it would act like a oil tank that has a top feed line setup. As long as your fuel line drops down near the bottom of the tank running to the engine a siphon effect should take over and the line should stay full.

Regards

racinrc14

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice job Vegas. You and your wife are amazing. With work, kids, and other projects, you still manage to get done what people like me only wish we could.

Speaking of wishing, how's that Newman coming along? Teehehe

Bummer about the fuel issue. I'd bet it's a simple fix.

-Tommy

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Sorry to hear you had to get towed :(. I'm not familiar [FONT=&quot][/FONT]with the checks at the fuel tanks but I think it would act like a oil tank that has a top feed line setup. As long as your fuel line drops down near the bottom of the tank running to the engine a siphon effect should take over and the line should stay full.

Regards

Hi Bill
I agree....and it shouldnt overflow the carb if we have a float valve failure...as that carb is about 2 inches higher than the highest point in the fuel tanks..... and the fuel lines run down to about floor level (so they are even with the bottom of the fuel tanks) then they come back up.

I am going to replace the electric inline fuel pump someone else installed....with a new one ..preferably a 7lb pressure pump...and put it AFTER the fuel water separator/fuel filters...so it is sucking.... instead of pushing.

All the fuel lines are fuel hoses....so pulling is definetly better then pushing the gas under pressure through hoses

In all actuality I prob dont need ANY electric fuel pump.... since I got a nice dual diaphragm one on the block pumping gas too...I'll put a pressure gauge on that to check the pressure here this week....

Nice job Vegas. You and your wife are amazing. With work, kids, and other projects, you still manage to get done what people like me only wish we could.
Speaking of wishing, how's that Newman coming along? Teehehe
Bummer about the fuel issue. I'd bet it's a simple fix.
-Tommy

Hi Tommy and thanks....well it helps that Im self employed and have more time than the normal Joe... plus the recent incentive of having to move from our house etc...

The Newman is sitting idle....waiting for PAINT.....and alot of other things...but it is next on the prject list and once we get started were blasting through it...not lollygagging etc..

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ NEW VIDEO!

Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ NEW VIDEO!

Memorial weekend monday we went out ,, here's the video that resulted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SQpDOVqDLQ
VIDEO on youtube CLICK link above

some POV spy cam views from the boats port side, cam mounted to the gunnel..........and some handheld shots from over the bow and stern etc...lake pics....fun stuff! I try to make em interesting...watch and see what ya think

sprintst

Commander

Awesome video as usual. Thanks for some of the shots of the surroundings as I should be able to sell a trip down there with the boat this time :)

BobsGlasstream

Commander

vegas,
The boat, lake, and family look great. Outstanding video. It's nice to see you enjoying the boat.
Take Care.
Bob

system-f

Senior Chief Petty Officer

So what is the fuel problem?

Oh yeah, you forgot to fix one thing! the Helm is on the wrong side :)

I saw a Hawian today that looks just like your sleekcraft. At least that is what I think it is as they said it wasn't a sleekcraft and it had a jet.

GOOD JOB on the runs. Any pics of that Crysler drive going together?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Awesome to see the project done and everyone out enjoying it. Probably one of the most unique boats on the lake!

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

cool video....but, uh....you want me to send you the instruction manual on how to set the date and time?? :D:D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I second Jay's comment, very nice Vegas! Great video, thanks for sharing it with us! That is what this is all about, great times on the lake!

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great work on the boat! Very classy!

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

So what is the fuel problem?

Oh yeah, you forgot to fix one thing! the Helm is on the wrong side :)

I saw a Hawian today that looks just like your sleekcraft. At least that is what I think it is as they said it wasn't a sleekcraft and it had a jet.

GOOD JOB on the runs. Any pics of that Crysler drive going together?

Hi System! the fuel issue was and is GUNK in the tanks...clogging up antique pickup tubes....plus I think we had way too many fuel filters! etc....
we had this setup at 1rst..... fuel tank/ screen filter inbetween pickup tube and 90degree fitting/to inline $4 fuel filter/to an inline electric fuel pump/ to an oil filter style fuel filter/to a oil filter style fuel water separator/to double diaphragm fuel pump on block/to carb (also has a filter in carb LOL)

at that time we were running off one tank too....now got the other tank rinsed out, pickup tube cleaned out...etc...fresh gas rinsed out several times... (in boat moved trailer back and forth, siphoned gas out and put new gas in again couple times...we dumped the gas in my truck after that...(we filtered it out with a paint filter) The WIFE took one for the team and was my siphon starter! Thanks Miranda!

HAWAIIAN ---- I swear SLEEKCRAFT would mold boat hulls and sell em off to other boat companies....I would bet $100 that the hawaiin is the SAME.... Sleeks come with about every manufacturers outdrive and engine combos...Ive seen 200hp outboards on em....jet drive...big blocks...small blocks...merc...chrsylers....OMC its NUTS!... I have even seen JET PROPELLED (aircraft motor) it was loud! (you tube ) hehehe

Awesome to see the project done and everyone out enjoying it. Probably one of the most unique boats on the lake!

Thanks Jeremy!!!!!!!! I need to post a few pics for those that dont watch videos.....DOH!

cool video....but, uh....you want me to send you the instruction manual on how to set the date and time?? :D:D

LOL I knew someone would give me guff!!! lol heck I knkow 3 people that have em and you pretty much are stuck with the manufactured date of the spy cam lol....

Huron Angler

Admiral

Vegas the Sleek looks like it carves one helluva wake over there on Lake Mead...glad to see her on the water:D

Good job on the project and look forward to seeing some more pics too!

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Thanks Mike!

hey here's 53 new still images from the 1rst and 2nd day on the water..click the link for the pix gallery

http://www.lasvegaspix.com/projects/sleekcraft15/index.htm

heres a few for the thread.........

at the dock Boulder Bay...Lake Mead NV memorial weekend..crowded (you cant tell from the pic...anyways the docks are WAY too short...1 boat plus one launch on either side is about it..........we ALMOST got hit twice at the dock! freaking people all in a hurry to launch...one boat came within 6 inches of our freshly overhauled and painted outdrive....
IMG_6878.jpg

SUNSET 1rst day out at Billybobb beach (as we call it) we stayed ouot till 1030pm...it was AWSOME
IMG_6892.jpg

Daytime 1rst day out at Billybobb beach...me and the wife..the boat beachs perfectly! that hull makes for a nice easy beaching... (all sand no rocks...during wavey days we will anchore a bit offshore)
IMG_8554.jpg

Out at the narrows....it was really windy....April is like biting her nails or something lol...
IMG_8576.jpg

The better half enjoying the big bow area....looking good! the water is 475 ft deep here....
IMG_8581.jpg

we need to put the bimini cover on when under way! lol Matt my nephew and the wife enjoying the breeze.......
IMG_8593.jpg

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

this is what ya look like when ya dont have to work a photo shoot for a couple weeks......GRUNGY! lol
IMG_8601.jpg

we really like not having that monster seat that was originally on left (starboard side on this pic) it ate up room...the standing walking area is way nice....
Im adding a gunnel pad and leaning post here soon enough...plus a handhold on near the windscreen area
IMG_8589.jpg

Sandy beach.....Lake Mead NV nice day for some sun!
IMG_8595.jpg

Here's a 27ft BAJA behind our boat (23') that Baja looks kinda small in this pic but it is big... the sleek ($2500 total) looks nice next to a 20k boat...(its a 1993 in background thats been restoed by pros 2 years back...they skipped the outdated 90s gel colors obviously LOL.Im not sure whats worse the 80s or the 90s hehehhe thiers was..big block 572CI powered with flapper exhaust etc)
IMG_8596.jpg

there sure are some sleek lines on this boat...looks great in these pics...the brother in law is chilliin out to some Garth Brooks or something here....
IMG_6887.jpg

these youngin's had a stripper pole in thier boat....they were listening to some lousy tunes (oof ooof ooff music). the beer bong seems like a great idea when you're surrounded by ladies in bikinis...
..we moved out further and jammed out to The WHO....much better!
IMG_8574.jpg

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

hmmmm....stripper pole....how did i manage to leave that off my shopping list???