Transom replacement-Turned Complete Boat Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
Re: Transom replacement-Turned Complete Boat Rebuild

you 2 are nut jobs lol
no just for men hair dye here! its peppered with grays...just looks dark in the pics. I might have to shave my goatee too..LOTTA GRAYS..moustache is holding out with the dark browns..
I do have a bald head! started falling out when I was in the army at age 19!!!
then I got out and grew A MULLET!!! always wanted one (back then) lol Business in the front / party in the back lol

yeah all my old pals from the Detroit area (where I grew up) are either on crack / unhappy / or still pot heads...lol none dead yet!

BILL
only major problem with trying to live off the land in Alaska is NO SUNLIGHT for 7 -8 months!!! and they get CABIN FEVER!
my pals up there have greenhouses and they barely eek out tomatoes! and the soil up there sucks....trees are all stunted and small from the harsh winters..but the Carabou and reindeer sure are big! so are the bears! Dall sheep too...all big dogs.

Its be cool to be a gold miner up there....sit out the winters snowmobiling and working in the Garage/workshop (heated ofcourse)

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Shoot,
wrote a long reply to you guys
, Vegas, Rick, in the middle found out my oldest, Jennifer(24 ) in the hospital walked away and lost everythig
Guess I'll be driving tommorow
Gota go see her

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bill I will have a chat with the Man in charge over your daughter . Let us know hows things are going when you know more.

Rick

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Bill I will have a chat with the Man in charge over your daughter . Let us know hows things are going when you know more.

Rick

Thanks Rick, Well I spent the day in the Hosp with her yesterday, they discharged her late afternoon and I took her back to her house. It turns out she had been there since tuesday. They still don't know whats wrong all they know it was an infection somewhere her white count was thriugh the roof. They bombarded her with IV antibiotics
Thats back to normal now but she is still in alot of pain, going to a different doc monday to try to find out whats causing this

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Chasing down infections is never fun. They will figure it out though even if it takes a couple trys. We wish her the best.

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she gets well soon, best wishes.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Our hearts go out to you and your family Bill....never fun to have a kid in the hospital....

keep us updated as to her status........

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Thank you all for your wishes, We hope to get some answers today with the new doctor

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow Bill, sorry to hear about your daughter. We should go shooting some time, I always wanted to go to the range by southhaven park for skeet. I heard they give you a golf cart and you take it into the woods from station to station?

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

:eek:
Wow Bill, sorry to hear about your daughter. We should go shooting some time, I always wanted to go to the range by southhaven park for skeet. I heard they give you a golf cart and you take it into the woods from station to station?

Hey Vert, Thank you, I got off the phone with her a little while ago they are sending her for a bazillion more tests.

Shooting sounds good, I go to the range in brookhaven http://www.longislandshootingrange.com/
Don't know about golf carts, I use the rifle range 50 & 100 yd area. I am trying to go every weekend now up to hunting season, I will P.M you on it.
I typically go on sundays after church, I know that probably sounds strange leave mass go home and get your gun :eek:
what can I tell you I'm a devout with weapons. Maybe I was a Templar in my last life LOL

sprintst

Commander

I know how it is. My kids are my only weakness.

Everything is going to turn out ok. Let some of the gun talk slip in front of the doc :)

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I know how it is. My kids are my only weakness.

Everything is going to turn out ok. Let some of the gun talk slip in front of the doc :)

Thanks, they are my weekness to, the sky could fall and I don't flinch, but something happens to one of my kids and I turn into a wreck
I talked to her yesterday, she is feeling better, the doctors are sending her for alot of different tests

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey bill shoot me the address of your shop and I will swing by, I am right in the area.

EDIT- Email address removed. Please use PMs. Thanks - ezmobee

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey bill shoot me the address of your shop and I will swing by, I am right in the area.

EDIT- Email address removed. Please use PMs. Thanks - ezmobee

Sorry Ez, I had sent a pm to Vert he didn't realize it. Thank you for removing that though, for reasons obvious :)

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

I never even saw the PM until now, what a bonehead I am. Thanks again for letting me borrow the heater and taking up an hour of your time.

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hows ur daughter doing? Well I hope. I have been pretty busy helping my friends with their new place but got some boat stuff done today. We hope to hear from you soon!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Vert,No worries, just preventing the rest of the world from e-mailing you lol.
My pleasure always happy to help, I forgot to say something about the e-mail address on the thread while we were hanging out today.

Hey Thrill Jennifer is still in pain, she is out of the hospital been back and forth to doctors they still can't figure out whats wrong test after test they tell her "yep there's something wrong but we don't know whats causing it". But through it all she is back working at the hospital days and being an EMT for the fire dept every hr in between.
I seen on your thread that you were doing some carpentry and helping friends with their place. Glad to see you started working on the boat again. I started cleaning the shop today and started planning my attack for continuing my boat project to get it out of my shop :eek:

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Were Back!!!! LOL
WOW its been so long I had a problem finding my own thread in my subscribed list :eek:.

OK, so I am back at working on this project while I wait to pick up my engine for the Sea Gem not to mention I am trying to keep the wife happy . I realized today that I put a hook in the hull :eek: at least I think I did. Its only about 1/8" but it still bugs the heck out of me. Here is a pic showing it with a 3' straight edge

hook2.jpg

As you can see from the picture I have been grinding it down. The thing is I am worried that it will act as a built in trim tab. Should I try to keep grinding or just try to fill that void.

I initially built up the area cause it was paper thin and showed no strength so I really am afraid to grind any more.

Any thoughts????

ben2go

Chief Petty Officer

You'll wanna fair that hook out.It may cause performance issues.You could build up glass mate and sand everything back in with a long board.The other way that I have done it,is using chopped fiberglass strand in epoxy and sand it back fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.