The state of California

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander
No, I don't meant their money woes. Maybe they can get an interest only loan like most of their residents ;)

My question is.. what in the state of California isn't known to cause cancer? I swear everything I see lately has that tag hanging from it. How can so many causes be known, yet no cures?

Just about anything
Known in the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects and beefy politicians. Void where prohibited unless otherwise prohibited by law.. and even then when we get away with it. All sales final. No refunds. Kidney failure is a feature of this product, ignore the FDA warnings, they are really trying to enslave your mind.. honest. Do not ingest. Do not share. Apply liberally, especially in California or any blue state, otherwise apply conservatively."

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: The state of California

Surviving childhood often causes cancer. . . oh, you want to know what doesn't cause cancer.

Boating and fishing do not cause cancer. Dying young of heart trouble prevents cancer. Dying young of almost anything prevents cancer. Even dying old, if you do it soon enough, prevents cancer.

Living in fear of cancer, or anything else, for that matter, is worse than having cancer.

Andy in NY

Commander

Surviving childhood often causes cancer. . . oh, you want to know what doesn't cause cancer.

Boating and fishing do not cause cancer. Dying young of heart trouble prevents cancer. Dying young of almost anything prevents cancer. Even dying old, if you do it soon enough, prevents cancer.

Living in fear of cancer, or anything else, for that matter, is worse than having cancer.

i dont know, there is a lake near my dads that might give you cancer. used to be a nuclear power plant right next to it.

jonesg

Admiral

No, I don't meant their money woes. Maybe they can get an interest only loan like most of their residents ;)

My question is.. what in the state of California isn't known to cause cancer? I swear everything I see lately has that tag hanging from it. How can so many causes be known, yet no cures?

Just about anything
Known in the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects and beefy politicians. Void where prohibited unless otherwise prohibited by law.. and even then when we get away with it. All sales final. No refunds. Kidney failure is a feature of this product, ignore the FDA warnings, they are really trying to enslave your mind.. honest. Do not ingest. Do not share. Apply liberally, especially in California or any blue state, otherwise apply conservatively."

Theres fear in california, it strikes me (institutionally) as the state with the least common sense and the least culture.
The state suffers under the cancerous idea that all their woes can be solved by placing their ultimate trust in the confidence of man.
The result is always the same, raw fear.

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

I wanna leave CA.:( ^^^I was just in Canton and Taunton MA and it aint much better there. For having such a beautiful place to live with some of the best weather you can think of we sure do have alot of idiots. As soon as I find a place that I wanna live I'm outta here.

ziggy

Admiral

sounds like a preexisting condition to me. health insurance denied...

Fly Rod

Commander

You should have come a little futher north to Cape Ann, surrounded by water, you can go sailing, boating, fishing, whale watching. Since you are from California we even have winter surfing, they are not idiots, they are nuts.

And you do not have to worry about dying from all them diseases here on Cape Ann, you only die from lack of breath.

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

No one gets out of this alive....It's not how you die, rather how you live. OR is that where you die vs. where you live:D

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

You should have come a little futher north to Cape Ann, surrounded by water, you can go sailing, boating, fishing, whale watching. Since you are from California we even have winter surfing, they are not idiots, they are nuts.

And you do not have to worry about dying from all them diseases here on Cape Ann, you only die from lack of breath.

I traveled around quite a bit I made it to RI, CT and NY as well as MA, I did not travel north because the women did not want to go with, I found RI to be the best place I went out there. I love the waters you guys have, we only have open ocean. I went on a couple of boats when I was there and had a blast. I could see myself living out that way except for the word "Wicked" I must have heard that every other sentance.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

I could see myself living out that way except for the word "Wicked" I must have heard that every other sentence.

That's wicked weird, as I thought only us Mainers used that word with any frequency. I'm sure if you asked nicely they could insert in a few 'like, totally gnarly!' statements in there to keep you feeling at home :D

Andy in NY

Commander

That's wicked weird, as I thought only us Mainers used that word with any frequency. I'm sure if you asked nicely they could insert in a few 'like, totally gnarly!' statements in there to keep you feeling at home :D

im origionally from mass, and live in upstate ny now. i say wicked all the time and people look at me like im crazy!

jonesg

Admiral

I wanna leave CA.:( ^^^I was just in Canton and Taunton MA and it aint much better there. For having such a beautiful place to live with some of the best weather you can think of we sure do have alot of idiots. As soon as I find a place that I wanna live I'm outta here.

I have never locked my car doors in canton, I have tables and chairs in front of my cafe that have been outside for 6 yrs now and never been touched at night. I've had my mig welder in my boat outside for the past week.

When I was in Boston I had to bolt everything to the sidewalk and even then they stole everything.

Taunton is a dump. Theres some nice parts lie most towns but the riffraff will clean you out if you leave stuff around.

thurps

Chief Petty Officer

As a fourth generation native, I can positively tell you the problem with California are the Califorians.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

Prolonged exposure to boating may result in domestic violence and/or copulation denial. Results vary depending on exposure. Combining fishing with boating exasperates these conditions.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

It doesnt matter what State you are in..
The only State that matters is the state of Mind.

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

I have never locked my car doors in canton, I have tables and chairs in front of my cafe that have been outside for 6 yrs now and never been touched at night. I've had my mig welder in my boat outside for the past week.

When I was in Boston I had to bolt everything to the sidewalk and even then they stole everything.

Taunton is a dump. Theres some nice parts lie most towns but the riffraff will clean you out if you leave stuff around.

I live in a good part of CA I can leave my doors unlocked or my garage wide open all night and not have a problem, I usually don't lock my car doors but then again I live in a more conservative area, i am not in the big city at all.

It's WICKED cool:eek:

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

JonesG isnt it a wonderful liberty not ho have to lock down everything everytime you leave the house?

I live in an almost no crime area. I leave my keys in my truck, my sidescan sonar head on the boat and give most the benefit of the doubt.

It sooo nice.....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Theres fear in california, it strikes me (institutionally) as the state with the least common sense and the least culture.
The state suffers under the cancerous idea that all their woes can be solved by placing their ultimate trust in the confidence of man.
The result is always the same, raw fear.
I have to agree. California is great in many ways but our legislature is ruining it. Hard to imagine how they think raising taxes during a recession is going to help matters. We are one of the highest taxed staes in the union already.

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

I have to agree. California is great in many ways but our legislature is ruining it. Hard to imagine how they think raising taxes during a recession is going to help matters. We are one of the highest taxed staes in the union already.

The people running this state have no clue becaused they only see the the groups of people from the big cities and you know who those people are. People that don't make any money or live off the system couldn't care less about how high taxes go because they aren't paying them. I have been trying to start a company here and it is difficult and on top of it all I am getting audited by the irs for the last three years and I didn't really write much off, I talked to the lady at the IRS and she said they are doing that because most people cannot provide every reciept that they wrote off so they will have to pay.(just another way to get money)