Stupid and Funny eBay stuff

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Stupid and Funny eBay stuff

There was a guy selling one gray hair. That's right. His first...gray hair. There were bids on it. It was taped to a piece of paper.:%

Mike722

Petty Officer 1st Class

I love ebay it gives me something to do at work when I am not on iboats.8)

I did see a broken cam shaft for a lawn mower sold for $10 plus shipping. I was mad because at work we just throw the broken ones away.

QC

Supreme Mariner

OK this one is Hot off the presses:

HERE YOU ARE LOOKING AT A 1990 ARRIVA PHANTOM ONLY 500 OF THESE BOATS WERE MADE WITH THE 496..

NOW FOR THE GOOD PART, UNDER THE HOOD OF THIS BOAT I HAVE A TUFF DOG 496 WITH 635HP (OFF THE PROP 550HP). I HAD THIS MOTOR CUSTOM BUILT IN PHOENIX AZ BY THE BUILDER IN MY FEEDBACK AND LET ME TELL YA THE MAN KNOWS HOW TO BUILD AN ENGINE. I SPARED NO EXPENSE ON THIS MOTOR RIGHT DOWN TO THE ARP BOLTS THIS IS A SCREAMING BIG BLOCK. WE BROKE THIS MOTOR IN AT 2500-3400R'S AND SET THE REV LIMITER TO 4450 RPM'S, KEEP IN MIND I HAD THIS MOTOR BUILT TO RUN OUT 6500R'S AND RIGHT NOW THE BOAT HITS THE GPS WITH THE 26 PITCH 4 BLADE AT 72MPH SO FULL OUT THIS BOAT IS A 80MPH BOAT. TRY TO MATCH THAT FOR UNDER 75,000.00. IT HAS POWER STEERING, TWIN HYDROLIC TRIM LEVELERS, POWER TRIM TABS.

I think I found the "Tuff Dog":

aa_1.JPG

. . . and I am pretty sure this is the Bravo that eats 85 bhp:

52_1.JPG

I'm struggling to find the "TWIN HYDROLIC TRIM LEVELERS, POWER TRIM TABS" . . . :}

Super Boat

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

I hate it when they say "like Lund" or "not Lund" just so they can include it in the searches of someone looking for Lund.

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

I believe it is a 50 Hp but could be a 40 Hp. I am not a boat expert. It may well be a 35 Hp it says Mark 35A on a small plate on the back.

The above is a quote from an ebay auction.

QC

Supreme Mariner

But is it a Tuff Dog? 8)

ZmOz

Captain

CJY said:
They removed the link, but a couple of days ago a lady from NY was attempting to sell a mumified skeleton she has had for 30 years. She said she got it from a friend that worked at a university and the "mummy" had donated their body to research making it all legal. At the point it was removed, a buyer with an id of "satans child" had bid 500 dollars.

Several years ago there were actually many human skulls on ebay...I don't think they cared at the time, because the auctions all finished as planned. :$

Last summer I bought a lower unit for my inline 6 on ebay - a later model than I had, in much better condition for $275. I put the old one on ebay a few days later, listed as "doesn't go into reverse, grinds in forward". Somebody bought it for $325 within a few hours...

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

"but also for the river because it sinks really low in the water"

He had a long list of things that were included. Ready to use. No need to buy anything. I don't recall a drainplug being in that list.