The state of California

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: The state of California

I wanna leave CA.:( ^^^I was just in Canton and Taunton MA and it aint much better there. For having such a beautiful place to live with some of the best weather you can think of we sure do have alot of idiots. As soon as I find a place that I wanna live I'm outta here.
I have been all over the world, and I would only consider Perth Australia and they don't have mountains. Stay put Chris, nothing like So Cal if you ask me.

There are axe murderers and thiefs in rural areas, and there are good people in urban areas. There are conservatives in the Bay Area and there are liberals in Newport Beach. Yes, there are idiots in our State Government and there are idiots in our Federal Government, that's what elections are for . . . ;)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I have been all over the world, and I would only consider Perth Australia and they don't have mountains. Stay put Chris, nothing like So Cal if you ask me.
There are axe murderers and thiefs in rural areas, and there are good people in urban areas. There are conservatives in the Bay Area and there are liberals in Newport Beach. Yes, there are idiots in our State Government and there are idiots in our Federal Government, that's what elections are for . . . ;)

ditto!

I do miss my SoCal..Fishermans Landing in SD has been calling me for the last 2 months..Need to pull on some real fish..Albies & BFT's

Thank goodness my corp HQ is based outta Cali..min wages, labor rules all adhere to California law

plus they gave me a 5k a year raise to go someplace where the C.O.L was about 10k less than Cali!!!

Wicked SWEEET!

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

I found RI to be the best place I went out there. I love the waters you guys have, we only have open ocean. I went on a couple of boats when I was there and had a blast. I could see myself living out that way except for the word "Wicked" I must have heard that every other sentance.

LMAO! So true!

I never lived in RI, but was there every summer and had very close ties to it, because that's where my parents were from. All of my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents. were all "born and raised" in RI. My parents also retired in RI.

I experienced RI when it was a very simple place, before over-population, pollution, stupidly high taxes, etc., set in. If anyone has seen the movie "Summer of '42," that's pretty much what it was like.

We used go to a beach in southern RI in the 50s and 60s and there wouldn't be another family for a 1/2 mile or more. We grew up digging quahogs (clams), catching fish, crabs, lobsters, etc. and cooking them all for supper. Going to "Georges" in Gallilee for clam cakes was a huge treat, as was going to the old fashioned general store, where we were allowed two pieces of penny candy per trip. Going to Block Island on the ferry was "big time" adventure!

My first boat/motor, was a home made, flat bottomed skiff, with a 1957 Evinrude 5.5hp motor on it. The "big boat" was my grandaddy's 14' Whirlwind, with a Johnson 28hp motor and, later on, a Chrysler 35hp motor. We thought that boat was as fast as a jet with that 35hp motor!

I've lived in Ca. too and I can see why you've had enough. Its beautiful in many places and the people can be great, but it is just too expensive and in some places, just too crowed. The last time that I went to LA on business, I about suffocated in the smog. My lungs were irritated and my eyes burned!

Come see how the rest of us live - you'll like it!

mphy98

Lieutenant

the californians call us flyover country, we call them the land of fruits and nuts. :D

zoe'sdad

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, the nice weather we are having here is making me miss Califonria (the weather that is).