bbq on a bowrider?

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: bbq on a bowrider?

Take pics!! I want to check it out! I know you and I are talking about putting them in separate spots too, so my ideas might not work for you, I was planning on putting a side mount between my back seat and the double seat on the starb. side.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

Take pics!! I want to check it out! I know you and I are talking about putting them in separate spots too, so my ideas might not work for you, I was planning on putting a side mount between my back seat and the double seat on the starb. side.

ya i know what youre talkin about, but the kids are always back there because its in the shade, im afraid one of them would bump it and turn my italian sausages into chum lol.

dan t.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I use a small Force 10 ss log style,$145 brand new, I made a mount that fits in a Scotty brand rod holder, they make a flush mount socket so you can mount it in any gunnel

foxtrotboss

Seaman Apprentice

I took a cb antenea mount that clamps on the mirrors of big rigs ( from any truck stop) and attached a piece of square tubing to it, then at the end made a "T" the rectangular grill sits on the "T" part and then I put two small bolts in the bottom nutted in place, then drilled holes in the "T" section for those bolts to go in. This holds on my bow rail quite well and the grill doesnt slide off the "T" with the incoming waves (Trail and error chum LOL). I didn't find a support leg neccesary since I used a peice of rubber tubbing to clamp on and it hold securely.

Just thought I would share what I do.

Scott.

krakatoa

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Im including a pic of my BBQ. This boat is a bowrider style. I just bought the adapter part in WestMarine, it cost over $59.00 bucks.... :mad: BUT I grab a nice deal regarding the magma bbq including a bait/fillet table for $150.00. This is the Bulkead Adapter (B) I currently use, its handle very well.

Hope this helps.

n778973265_2358360_7733466.jpg

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer

I always bbq on my 20 foot BR.

I bought this from this exact website, cheapest price on the planet
http://www.opticsplanet.net/brunton-profile-pro-2-burner-stove.html

Came in the factory boxes no damage at all.

There are two places. Usually I'll pull the cover to the bottom storage, flip it upsidown and put it ontop of the engine cover and grill it up right there!!

Or just grill inside the boat up front. Don't waste yer money on all that pricey **** - this thing cooks a steak in 10 mins without even needing a top!!

TBarCYa

Senior Chief Petty Officer

What I've done in the past when anchored at a sandbar is to put the grill on the swim platform and make sure that I splash plenty of water on it to keep the grease from damaging the fiberglass. Now, I'm looking at bait tables that attach to the gunwale but are removeable and only leave a relatively flat stainless bracket on the inside of the gunwale. This may work out pretty good because I can drill some holes to let the grease drip overboard but it already has a lip around 3 sides to prevent the grill from slipping off.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

I always bbq on my 20 foot BR.

I bought this from this exact website, cheapest price on the planet
http://www.opticsplanet.net/brunton-profile-pro-2-burner-stove.html

Duuuuuuuuuude! That is an awesome price for that!

Brunton Profile Pro 2 Burner Stove w/grill surface $68.98 (free shipping!)

I just bought one :)

I'll likely do this to mount it over the bow rail:

- make (2) 18" sections of steel tubing, one side bolted to the underside of the grill, the other end with a rail clamp (to attach to the bow rail).
- take (2) 12" sections of steel tubing (same dia) and mount one end to the center of the other tubing (pivot point), mount a pivoting rubber foot to the other end and connect the different tubing using a locking chest lid guide (they resemble arcing braces with a wing nut to stop the lid from closing)

The lid guide will allow you to position to rubber feet to rest on the side of the bow and also allow you to fold it up for storage. The grill itself looks thin as can be, which is rockin!

dkorzun21

Chief Petty Officer

Duuuuuuuuuude! That is an awesome price for that!

Brunton Profile Pro 2 Burner Stove w/grill surface $68.98 (free shipping!)

I just bought one :)

I'll likely do this to mount it over the bow rail:

- make (2) 18" sections of steel tubing, one side bolted to the underside of the grill, the other end with a rail clamp (to attach to the bow rail).
- take (2) 12" sections of steel tubing (same dia) and mount one end to the center of the other tubing (pivot point), mount a pivoting rubber foot to the other end and connect the different tubing using a locking chest lid guide (they resemble arcing braces with a wing nut to stop the lid from closing)

The lid guide will allow you to position to rubber feet to rest on the side of the bow and also allow you to fold it up for storage. The grill itself looks thin as can be, which is rockin!

Wow would love to see how that comes out. Let me know how you make out i want one.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

I am in the midst of fabbing up a straight vertical post and mount, alot like the table in a camper.
will drill hole in swim grid, mount stainless holding cup "tapered fit" for post, another cup for bbq with grease slide, and I found an old military style tent peg (angle iron,1.5 foot long, one end sharp, other end has round tube welded in so I can put the post in on the beach)
rob

Tahoe 55

Petty Officer 1st Class

We've been grilling on our boat from day one. I bought a $50 portable gas grill at Lowe's and grill on the swim platform. We anchor out in our favorite cove and I sit on the sun pad with the grill between my feet. The grill has a grease tray and that keeps the mess to a minimum. I had a problem one day with some large wake from a passing boat and all most lost the grill. So I started looping a dock line around the grills feet and back to the transom. That keeps it in place and lets me relax during the meal while the grill cools out back.

Though this system works, it's not the most convenient and enjoyable. And lets face it, you want your time on the water to be as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. I've wanted a Magma from the beginning, but like most of you, didn't want to spend the money. Well, last week I bit the bullet and ordered one from Amazon. Got the Marine Kettle II ($208) cover ($39) and mount ($41) with free shipping. Everything is in and I should be grill'n in comfort this weekend. It'll be real nice to not be crouched over the swim platform bracing for oncoming wake and worried about scratching or staining the boat. Can't wait to try it out. Looks very well made and well worth the money. Now, I just have to figure out what to grill....:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

One of you needs a post a picture of yourselves grillin' on the water :)

rasnattydred

Seaman

Good question, I have been looking for the same thing and not wanting to spend a small fortune to get it.

We got tired of sandwiches so I got out the big coffee thermos, dumped in 8 Nathan's hot dogs followed by some boiling water. 4 hours later at our favorite island beach we have perfect hot dogs! Simple and CHEAP! like me.

Ohh I like that idea, thanks... didn't realise this was a common problem, but I cannot imagine a grill on my 18" bowrider. We too are sick of sandwiches and Mc Donalds regular hamburgers (they do well in the heat).

AngelC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

One of you needs a post a picture of yourselves grillin' on the water

I would really love to see the actual grill set-ups to get a better idea of how this works..I'm really interested in coming up with something similar for my
20':D

Tahoe 55

Petty Officer 1st Class

here ya go

Kim+magma+grill.JPG

propane-setting.jpg

Attachments

• A10-207_closed_rollover.jpg
    A10-207_closed_rollover.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I know my set up is not a bow rider, but here is how my deck galley is set up. The stainless overhang on the swim platform allows any possible leak of propane to go into the water vs my bilge. Plenty of room for my deep fryer that I use to fry fish. Next year, I plan to incorporate a small sink with hot/cold running water.

Attachments

• Im001434.jpg
    Im001434.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 0

AngelC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Tahoe55...What is that bar that's comeing down from the bbq attatched to? and how does it attach? I really like your set-up! In your pic is that the stern? Can it be attached to a cleat or maybe the grab handle on either bow or stern some how? Any info is much appreciated..

Thanks..:D

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

here ya go

Kim+magma+grill.JPG

propane-setting.jpg

thats the one im hoping to get tonite.....the guy doesnt get off work til 9:00, but i think its worth it lol. man, i hope he still has it.

Is that the rail mount that can be purchased for it?

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

after we get figured out how to bbq on all of our boats, we need to start a "recipe" or "what to cook on a boat" thread. okay, stole that idea from BOC but hey it would be really cool.