What to do with this boat?

Jeep Man

Commander
Re: What to do with this boat?

Geez Bubba, you really opened up a Pandora's box with this thread. Keep it up. THIS IS FUNNY.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bubba if its an Olds motor then its a 455 only chebby had a 454 Olds and Pontiac were 455 :D.

Rick

Joe_the_boatman

Chief Petty Officer

Before I start any project (such as this one) I always make sure the mechanicals are good. By that I mean, take it out on the water and see how you feel afterwards. Jet drives are terribly inefficient, hence the huge motor to make up for it.

Of course, disregard all that if you've launched it already.

As for my opinion, I'd put minimal $$ into it and get the interior nice, and enjoy it for a while. I think the brown looks acceptable - the whole "old is new" thing. Keep the retro look.

Sell it when the next project comes along. Of course, if gas goes up again, it might be a tough sell.

coastalcruiser

Chief Petty Officer

Just playing in paint It personaly think it would look better white, you can get a hvlp gun for cheap.
untitled1-1.jpg

IVAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer

Bubba if its an Olds motor then its a 455 only chebby had a 454 Olds and Pontiac were 455 :D.Rick
I agree.
It seems like there is a lot of jet boats that use the Olds 455 around here. Its a very good powerplant.

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

maybe when you get it finished tommy chong can make another comback for it's maiden voyage.:D