Looking for oil change pump

deerslayer303

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey fella's,

I'm looking for the oil change pump. The top of the dip stick tube on my 470 is threaded, so I'm looking for one to fit it. I see the ones on here for pumping lube into the lower unit, but not the oil "change" pump. Any help?
Sure would make the next time i have to change the oil a little less messy, LOL, (don't ask you don't wanna know LOL)

deerslayer303

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Looking for oil change pump

Thanks Rocky Road,
I was looking in the tools section. Yeah I'm a Doughnut Head.

skargo

Banned

Are those little 12v ones actually any good, or is it better to stick with a manual "vacuum" type?

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

Are those little 12v ones actually any good, or is it better to stick with a manual "vacuum" type?

I hope that someone that has an electric one, jumps in!

That SeaSense one got my attention. If I can 'clip' it to my starting battery, then watch it do my oil change...I am one happy boater!

skargo

Banned

That SeaSense one got my attention. If I can 'clip' it to my starting battery, then watch it do my oil change...I am one happy boater!

Me too, although we better be cautious and make sure no fumes are about when we clip them to the battery.

mphy98

Lieutenant

saw one today at the tru value hardware store today,electric for 29.95

kg5388

Petty Officer 3rd Class

mark1905

Chief Petty Officer

I've used that same pump for a while. It works well.. but you MUST warm the oil up to full operation temp beforehand or else you'll burn out the pump. They do a good job of getting pretty much every drop out of the engine, but I can't say that they're the highest quality items.. they'll usually last about 6-10 pump outs before burning up.. but for 1/5th the price of a shop, you can change your own oil.